"game changer" propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu,

I have no doubt that the ABC props are good but your Crapshooters have been running in the mid 80's for years, many many years. My question is, if any prop is a true "game changer" wouldn't it be at least 10mph faster? And if it were could the boats of today even handle it in heat race water? Maybe they're better suited for SAW? I just keep thinking back to the claims of ceramic bearings and how they were going to revolutionize model boating.

Ron
Ron lots of people were running them in Florida in the hydro classes... I was running a 1457 on my 45 hydro had a perfect score dont think i was ever passed the whole race... but with that being said when i got home i ordered a few from Mark S. We have had good success with the 67 & 101 prop mark recommended also going to try the 45 prop very soon.. yes they may be a little faster but honestly its just another good option to try on your boat... no matter what prop you got it comes down to keeping it hooked up all the way around the course in race chop those who do that will win races.... its not about how fast you go but how fast your lap times are.. i like my hydro boats to come out of the turns close to or at top speed.. the way i look at is, if i come out of the turn at 70 and speed up to 75 in the straight away.. i didn't speed up 5 mph i lost 5 mph somewhere in the turn...One thing ive never understood is why people who heat race are so fascinated with top speed mph over there laps times and corner speed.. this is just how i look at it maybe wrong maybe right who knows.. but i do know the turns are half of the course and usually the best places to make a pass on a faster boat..

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be nice when all the details and prop charts are published and we see what all the talk is about, at present it seems like only a select few are in the know and that rankles the peasants! Might have to storm the castle, patience is not our strong suit! Mean while put on your best prop and grrrr face and lock the throttle wide open.

The few...would be the selected ones to do the testing that all improvements require before release to the market....

As for "Game changer" I..........I would refer them as Alternative Strategy Option. This is the main reason for MY interest.

We have been doing the same things with success for a while. Options to learn new things are not always received well. We have gotten VERY comfortable.

Jim is offering all of us the challenge, once again, that got most of us here in the first place. Take it for what it will mean to you and your boating experience.

Having already settled on a set up and prop that is part of the new line, I am excited to see how it matches up..........RACING!!! Cause Thats why we do THIS.

Ron,

Ask Martin what kind of speeds he is doing with his:21-Hydro, 45-Hydro, 80-Hydro and 91-Hydro?

I think they are better than anything else currently available on the market. By the way

I was just fooling around when I called them the "Game Changers" but as they get more

use I think all of model boating will continue to get better with more propeller choices. One other thing

to look at in the 45-Hydro videos is how well they stay hooked up in race water and how nice and tight

the thrust cones are. Like anything else in performance products it will take some time to adjust our set

ups to these new blades. I doubt any other model boat propellers are going to achieve 18% slippage.
default_biggrin.png

One other thing Ron, to go 10 MPH faster you are going to need approximately 14% more power from

your engine and pipe combination also. How many people have gotten 14% more power this year than

last year?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

With the new engines and pipes that are running stronger and more RPM'S and the right props will get you more speed on a good boat set up.

The elusive "Game Changer"

Just S&B and your doing 80mph out of the bag!

image.jpeg

That's a big statement Garett. So that's any boat, with any engine and pipe combo correct? Just wanted to clear up a few of the finer details.
default_ph34r.png

The elusive "Game Changer"

Just S&B and your doing 80mph out of the bag!
80 mph right out of the bag, the critical question is how many bags? On your other post with the video clip it comes out at the end that your running a Andy B modded engine. Tough to get apples to apples comparisons, still need to be patient, wait until we can get our hands on one, then do back to back personal comparisons to get the real life comparative info.

I have a couple Laflure (sp) props that have a ton of work in em that , I personally have run outside its designed application, that work very well "for me" . Wonder what one of these new props characteristics would match the application Im using them for ??

Would be helpful to see some type of chart that gives us a ball park starting range on the GC props.

Here is a modified 2719 19deg rake 38 B.A.R. that I have tested.

The TE cup was a little to much stock at 10" so I removed it to about 6.5"

Also v cut at the hub to help release the front end from pull up at the end of the straits.

This also helped with the launch of this prop.

Just for a comparison a full size prop. Yamaha drag 3

DSCN3071.JPG

DSCN3072.JPG

DSCN3073.JPG

Gentlemen

The TRUTH and FACT is the Jim at ABC is THE GAME CHANGER. We have been beating the same horse (props) for so many years the PROGRESSION

of every last ONE OF US has stopped as the propellers have. Look back through the threads and see the one with blades being cut from the hub and welded back to increase rake angle. We...have all been stuck on the same sheet of paper for YEARS!!! And now that a REAL OPTION is available....SOME, are still in DENINAL....?

Be a hater, skeptic, what ever you think will allow you to live with yourself....But the fact is JIM...HAS MOVED OUR GAME FORWARD.

Do You see ANY....ANY Other Manufacture offering you NEW ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS in PROPELLERS..............????

Guys,

All I'm saying is this. I have tons of props for my 40 rigger. I have tried 1457 1655 1657 1460 1462 and H series, in many variations. All of them running my same motor and pipe combo. Then I tried the new abc's and instantly 8-10 mph faster.

Chuck,

I don't think anyone is in denial or hating anything. I too have a few of these props for testing and hope they can improve performance. I started the thread more for clarification and proof of claims of a "game changer". You can call me a sceptic if you want but all I'm asking for is the facts. Stating that the new ABC props are game changers is exciting to anyone that loves the hobby as much as I do but back it up with real numbers.

So I'll go down as being a realist at best. Not trying to bash suppliers or anyone attempting to advance the hobby.

Your post tells me that there's change which is a good thing. All I'm asking is that you back it up with performance enhancing proof. CAN YOU DO THAT?

Chuck,

I don't think anyone is in denial or hating anything. I too have a few of these props for testing and hope they can improve performance. I started the thread more for clarification and proof of claims of a "game changer". You can call me a sceptic if you want but all I'm asking for is the facts. Stating that the new ABC props are game changers is exciting to anyone that loves the hobby as much as I do but back it up with real numbers.

So I'll go down as being a realist at best. Not trying to bash suppliers or anyone attempting to advance the hobby.

Your post tells me that there's change which is a good thing. All I'm asking is that you back it up with performance enhancing proof. CAN YOU DO THAT?
Everyone can tell you this and tell you that. It's very simple. Buy some props from Mark Sholund and do some testing. Everyone will get different results some good some bad.

If I remember correctly. I met you at Huntsville and you was testing a twin ?? Is that accurate ?

Ron

The current package that I have these props on is plus 6mph, based on the GPS, than what I had before. What I most like about this series is that it has allowed me to change the set up on the hull. Which in turn has allowed me to run the boat more aggressively around the whole course.....

It is by far a significant hook up,, slippage and set up improvement....That in Boat racing is....Well you name it,

Not every one is going to have the same result. Nor do we all drive the same....But I do agree with Mark 100% about the slippage.

This is boat racing, and our clutch package just got move to 6 disk...I.E. Nhra....Get hooked up or get left behind....
default_wink.png

Thats my spin................OUT.

No Julian, I met you only once at Evansville. I would have been running .20 and .40 hydro. I believe you offered to buy my .40 boat but I had it sold to Rocky Will. White with lime green sponsons Eagle SGX.

Ron

The current package that I have these props on is plus 6mph, based on the GPS, than what I had before. What I most like about this series is that it has allowed me to change the set up on the hull. Which in turn has allowed me to run the boat more aggressively around the whole course.....

It is by far a significant hook up,, slippage and set up improvement....That in Boat racing is....Well you name it,

Not every one is going to have the same result. Nor do we all drive the same....But I do agree with Mark 100% about the slippage.

This is boat racing, and our clutch package just got move to 6 disk...I.E. Nhra....Get hooked up or get left behind....
default_wink.png

Thats my spin................OUT.
You coming to EVILLE in a few weeks?

Back