Full-p JAE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

I got another JAE!! I have a nitro 20, but wanted an electric too, so I bit the bullet. I want to set this one up as a full P, I'm not real sure if I'm saying that correctly, full-p, p-spec etc.. One concern I have is the bulkhead location. Should this be adjusted to fit the longer motor? Just glancing at what I have this far, it seems like I may have to do some modification...

Joe

Full p basically means your running 4s lipo with no restrictions on the esc or motor. I think :unsure: . People talk about where to put what all the time. The main thing is the pre launch cg. There is an advantage to having a shorter driveline(motor closer to the rear)- more power delivery to the prop. The main thing is making sure you have room for everything including the batteries and finish out at the suggested base cg then test an trim from there. Thats my .02. If its FE keeping wires short has some power advantages too.Everything counts if youre looking for that extra edge.

I did a P-Hydo JAE for for record ovals that holds the current IMPBA record. I made the tub 1/2" wider but kept all the bulkheads in the stock location. It took an S bent in the stuffing tube and elevating the rudder servo to make it work. Everything was a tight squeeze in the rear but I got everything to fit with good results. If you want, I can post some pics when I get home from work this evening.

The pry-er is on the prowl looking to get inside any ones boat he can :ph34r: .

Chili, Any pics you can send would be great. You casn text them to me if easier. PM for my phone number.

Joe

I get some pics posted. It might take a day. I work till 10pm this evening and have to be back at work tomorrow morning.

Joe, Didnt forget about you. The hard drive crashed on my computer and it's in the shop. Hopefully the data can be recovered and I can get some pics for you. If not, I'll take some new ones.

Hugh, It's coming along. Mike Walker should have the kit by now. I'm still struggling with the powerplant. I've been told, by a couple of folks, to start with the Aquacraft setup. Those Leopard motors are pretty enticing though. Seem to be pretty affordable for one! Still leaning toward the Leo 4082 & T-180 ESC. Still looking for input.......

Joe

p lmt power is cool but the leos gonna be faster hands down. Gils got the leos pushing the boat into the 90's I mean ..... p lmtd power makes a good and "fair" heatracer for the 21's I guess. YOU SAID FULL P SO...... :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Zipkits changed the rear boom tube location on these Electric versions? This kit is an older version I believe. I've seen some pics where the rear tube is a bunch closer to turnfin allowing more room for batteries?

Hey Chilli, sounds great! Hopefully you can save your DATA!!!!! Hate when my computers have gone down.......

Email sent to you. My hard drive crashed but I copied the pics back from a FE forum I posted on previously. Funny thing is I ususally build my own computers and have never had a hardware problem. I buy a HP and it craps out after two years.

For a budget P-hydro heat racing motor, I would look into the Leopard 4074 2200. I have not tried the Leo's yet but understand this motor is comparible to the Neu 1515 1Y. I think your T-180 would also be happier with this motor but you'll still have to be carefull with prop selection. The T180 is the minimum rated controller I would consider with this motor.

Boom placement hasnt changed that I am aware of in the FE version. Best bet for CG seems to be battery behind the rear boom and ESC in front. You will have to extend the motor to ESC wires but it's not a big deal. Just use a nice heavy gauge wire and take your time doing a good solder job. Some poo poo extending the wires between controller and motor but I havent had any problems with it. Nor have I seen anyone else suffer reliability or performance issues. Now extending battery to ESC wires is a big no no. This can increase ripple current and stress on your controller.

Chilli, got the pics. Thank you, just what I was looking for. What esc would you recommend for that motor?

Latest posts

Back