fuel proof spray paint?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go to repaintsupply.com, they have a 2 part clear coat in a spray can that works very well, or it did for me, I found it from other threads on here, SprayMax aerosol. about 17.00 a can but sprays very nice, 48 hour pot life after mixing.

hi...thanks for the info. i wonder if it will spray over krylon, i think is enamel. im going to order a can and test it out before i spray the hull.

thanks again...mike

Last edited by a moderator:
hi...thanks for the info. i wonder if it will spray over krylon, i think is enamel. im going to order a can and test it out before i spray the hull.

thanks again...mike
It will work. I'd used Urethane automotive clear over it with no proublems.

thats true...i just didnt think the spray can enamel would hold up to our clear with all hardener and reducers.

i will post some pics of what im painting and the enamel.

thnaks...mike

I cleared over Chevrolet engine orange enamel with no problems, all rattle can, looks as good and has held up with my klass kote.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats true...i just didnt think the spray can enamel would hold up to our clear with all hardener and reducers.

i will post some pics of what im painting and the enamel.

thnaks...mike

ive used the SprayMax stuff. It works good...but, it doesnt cover alot. On a 42" cat...i was only able to get 1 tack coat, and 1 wet coat. Thats it.

you can go to your local auto paint and supply store to get the 2 part catclyzed clear coat that needed to protech again nitro.

Back