Rattle can polyurethane gloss clear spray!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with Jeff and Rick...

The 2K clear is inexpensive ($20 from Amazon) and goes on really smooth and looks awesome. 2 wet coats is plenty. No yellowing or fuel issues ever. After mixing and spraying, store it in the fridge. Stays usable for over a month. Can't ask for much more than that from a rattle can paint...

Marty

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have a couple of cans of 2k that i havent tried yet because i didnt want to waste it on small parts and then let the can sit around with the hardener mixed in it! I also purchased 2 cans of Minwax clear urethane spar varnish i thought i would try on a wooden radio box lid that has been sealed with a couple coats of laminating/ finishing epoxy!

Agreed !

Just as a friendly reminder to everyone a respirator should be worn when spraying 2K Clear.

We all want to build & race - run boats with our friends as long as we can !!

Regards,

Ronnie King
NAMBA #1223
100%. A respirator with cartridges and also wear safety goggles. The overspray burns your eyes.

Haha, yeah ya never know, maybe I am pointing it the wrong way!😂

On those Prevail sprayers, do you find they spray pretty consistently sprayer to sprayer or can they be hit or miss?
I’ve found if the paint is clean and consistent they are great. I just sprayed cleared with one 1/2’hr before I posted. It sprays 2k clear great.
I paint my boats with Klass kote sponsons and cowls
Come out good. Tubs are
Tough. Because Klass Kote is thicker. But with 2K they are very good.

Back