Fuel mileage

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WikiWiki1

Supporting Member
I'm starting to get my new Miss Exide dialed in and running pretty good but it' seems to be getting terrible fuel economy.

It will burn thrrough 18 oz in a race and if I start it before the clock gets to two minutes it won't finish. The needle is open

3 1/2 turns on the OS9 carb and it puts the flow meter off the scale. I'm running a CMB green head with a muck pipe and

cooper muffler. The pipe is at 11 inches from the back of the cylinder and the boat weighs around 14 pounds. The prop is a prather 250. The boat runs good and if I lean it out any more it will mangle the plug. Any ideas on what might be an issue with this setup? I know the meter should read around 7 but the boat won't run that way.

Thanks for any ideas, Brent

CMB greenhead 67, OS9B carb, MAC's pipe & Cooper muffler takes about 19oz's to get it done with starting between 2 to 1:45 left on the clock. I go out with 22oz's fuel on board. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
CMB greenhead 67, OS9B carb, MAC's pipe & Cooper muffler takes about 19oz's to get it done with starting between 2 to 1:45 left on the clock. I go out with 22oz's fuel on board. B)
I ask because guys in the NorthWest race 3 lap prelims

We have found down here in Florida, it takes a minimum of 20oz's of fuel with the CMB green heads
Rick
How many lap total are you running? I run 10-12 from the time i get in the water and burn a full 18-20 oz load. Mike
Mike, that is hitting the water right after they put us on the clock,

I run two good hot laps, slow down to a pretty slow mill speed, usually about 2 slow,

Then the NAMBA 6 lap run.

I have 20oz in one boat, & 22oz in the other.

I end up with a few OZ's let in either

Rick

Back