Fuel Can

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Schloegl

I want to use a metal can that had paint thinner in it for fuel. Is there anything special I should do to it or clean it with before I put the fuel in it?

Thanks,

Martin

Just get as much out of it as you can. Leaving it outside with the cap off will help any extra to evaporate. I use one also.

Just get as much out of it as you can. Leaving it outside with the cap off will help any extra to evaporate. I use one also.
I caution against using a metal can,i have seen 2 explode when they got to close to a battery. Just something to think about

Mine started to rust from the seams and I started to see crap in the fuel. Replace it often.

team losi made a fuel that comes in a metal can. i think its called nitrotane, maybe you can get one of these and reuse the can. a **** gallon costs 33 bucks for 20% though so im not sure if its worth it or not

my can is over ten years old, what i did , when i finished useing the laquer thinner ,i just let it dry out with the capoff, then i sanded the outside of can and sprayed it with aclylic enamel paint. you can use any auto paint.

Try just buying a new glow fuel can from DAVE BROWN PRODUCTS. They have cans with hand pump and plain cans..very inexpensive. I have used these cans for years and the pumps last forever!!

http://www.dbproducts.com/

Pour'N'Pump

Here's the solution to all your fueling problems. The Pour'n'Pump is the only fueling system you will ever need. It is designed to give you season after season of service without letting you down.

The entire unit comes fully assembled right out of the box - complete with fuel tubing and our Six Shooter glow fuel pump.

All you need to do is pour in your favorite brand of glow fuel and you are ready to pump.

There are no batteries to charge, no motors to short out and no switches to fail. With just a few quick cranks of the Six-Shooter, your tank will be topped off and ready to go.

Pour'N'Pump System (Glow)$26.95

Pour'N'Pump Can only$13.95

Dave Brown Products

4560 Layhigh Road - Hamilton, Ohio - 45013

Phone: (513) 738-1576 - FAX: (513) 738-0152

Last edited by a moderator:
Back