FLYSKY Radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,

I opted out of the loose cells and went with the 9.9 LiFe trans packs, I pull the packs out of the trans to charge. Due to the price I have many spare packs and just rotate them out and charge later. The trans packs are good for a full day of testing and still have plenty of mah left. This chemistry doesn't have much internal resistance so packs don't self discharge over time. In one of my giant scale planes I flew last 7 months ago, and went to the field to fly but forgot my field charger for the LiFe receiver (6.6V) pack and wasn't going to fly. After load checking the pack with my BR2000 I decided to fly a 6min. flight and recheck the pack, still had 5.9V and flew another 10min flight, rechecked and still had 5.7V flew another 10min flight and rechecked still had 5.6V stopped for the day - really impressed with this chemistry. NOTE: 4.5V is my DONOT FLY VOLTAGE on these packs!

Thanks, John

Ken,

You can find a lot of info at a car forum called RC Tech. I haven't checked it in a while but at one time there were hundreds of pages about the GT3B radios and losikid (Austin Hutchison) was very active on the site. I know a member here on IW has been close to the fly sky radios activities, I think his name was Christopher Moore but I'd have to do some checking to be sure.

John

Thanks for the info. Just joined site and yes it's full of stuff, most of which I don't understand. I do like the bearing mods. Looks easy enough.

Marty,

I opted out of the loose cells and went with the 9.9 LiFe trans packs, I pull the packs out of the trans to charge. Due to the price I have many spare packs and just rotate them out and charge later. The trans packs are good for a full day of testing and still have plenty of mah left. This chemistry doesn't have much internal resistance so packs don't self discharge over time. In one of my giant scale planes I flew last 7 months ago, and went to the field to fly but forgot my field charger for the LiFe receiver (6.6V) pack and wasn't going to fly. After load checking the pack with my BR2000 I decided to fly a 6min. flight and recheck the pack, still had 5.9V and flew another 10min flight, rechecked and still had 5.7V flew another 10min flight and rechecked still had 5.6V stopped for the day - really impressed with this chemistry. NOTE: 4.5V is my DONOT FLY VOLTAGE on these packs!

Thanks, John
John:

Did you find packs that fit into the transmitter base? If so, plese give me a link to that.

Thanks,

I ordered the latest 3 channel and I'm grim to get the tool and firmware to upgrade the software. If everything I've read and been told is true, I will have a full function modern system for a very good cost. A bit of work it will be much better than my old fm systems. Hopefully end the spat of crashes.
Anthony:

The mod is very simple with pictorial info. The hack kit is not expensive and is complete. As new mods to the firmare are made, all you will have to do is flash the system and you have the latest upgrade. I am positive that you would have no problem with the hack. Be sure to get the stuff for the 3C if that is the one you have. The 3B is a little different in the plug.

Marty,

Thanks, John
John:

Did you find packs that fit into the transmitter base? If so, plese give me a link to that.

Thanks,
Hi Marty,

Mine are Gen Ace packs if I recall correctly, can't check right now as I'm at my daughter's home downstate and headed to the airport tomorrow morning. I think Gen Ace packs are Hobby King or Hobby Partz. I'll go to those sites and let you know for sure after I check the sites.

Marty,

Thanks, John
John:

Thanks,
Hi Marty,

Mine are Gen Ace packs if I recall correctly, can't check right now as I'm at my daughter's home downstate and headed to the airport tomorrow morning. I think Gen Ace packs are Hobby King or Hobby Partz. I'll go to those sites and let you know for sure after I check the sites.
Hi Marty,

Here's the link http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-20c-1500-3s1p-bbb.html

Thanks, John

Marty,

Thanks, John
John:

Thanks,
Hi Marty,

John:

My radio has contacts on the battery rather than a pigtail. How did you connect the battery? Also is the thickness OK for the base?

I use nickel metal hydride in mine,and charge with an old Futaba charger that fits in the charge port.

Marty,

When I opened the case to do the hack I pulled the loose cell tray out and cut the power lead and soldered a plug end on to fit the standard removeable packs. I'm not sure if what you're discribing is the same as what the GT3B's are. I seem to remember from last winter when you got your GT3C that it used a much lower voltage trans pack. Austin may be able to confirm that the GT3C transmitters will handle much higher voltages without a problem. I'll call you this evening after I get to Sarasota and get things opened up there.

Thanks, John

Marty,

Here's a link for a LiFe 1500ma 3 cell 9.9v that fits perfectly in a GT3-B

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-20c-1500-3s1p-bbb.html

I have modified the bottoms on a couple GT3-b's to use 2600ma 3S Lipo's also. One problem I have had is the RX antennae where it goes into the receiver will break when flexed too much. Easily prevented with a dab of RTV.

The Flytsky iT4 4 channel has everything you want in technology but you have to rebind every time you go to another receiver. Wonder if there's a way of fixing that as it is a big pain to do. Eight buttons on the radio and handle and you can program any channel or function to any button. Real time telemetry on the screen. Temp/rpm/voltage. $140 for the radio but receivers only $12.

Mic

Marty,

Here's a link for a LiFe 1500ma 3 cell 9.9v that fits perfectly in a GT3-B

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-20c-1500-3s1p-bbb.html

I have modified the bottoms on a couple GT3-b's to use 2600ma 3S Lipo's also. One problem I have had is the RX antennae where it goes into the receiver will break when flexed too much. Easily prevented with a dab of RTV.

The Flytsky iT4 4 channel has everything you want in technology but you have to rebind every time you go to another receiver. Wonder if there's a way of fixing that as it is a big pain to do. Eight buttons on the radio and handle and you can program any channel or function to any button. Real time telemetry on the screen. Temp/rpm/voltage. $140 for the radio but receivers only $12.

Mic
Mic:

I doubt that this is the correct battery as it is 9.9 volts and the battery in the GT3-B is a 3.7 volt battery.

All my GT3-"B"s are on 9.9 to 12v.The "B" has a low voltage warning under 9.0v. My GT3"C" s have a 3.7 lipo built in. Was trying to help thought you were looking for alternate batts for the "B". Do you use different power after modding them?

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
Mic:

I was talking only about the 3C since that is the current radio that is for sale. I don't know anything at all about the 3B other than it had some mechanical problems with the wheel and some other things. The 3C is fine, but I would like a little larger battery if is available. I have NEVER run out of juice on the transmitter during a day of testing so I suppose it is large enough.

I have some packages on the way.. A Hitech and a Flysky and a mod kit for the Flysky. We will see.. seems like the mod kit will take a bit to ship,..

I'm running SOMETHING this weekend if it's the last thing I do.. I want to get the SP21 in some rough water..

I see that Hobbyking has a 3chl. non computer radio for about $24. Made by Flysky. Saw it on Flysky site.

The 3c arrived. I am now waiting on the hack kit. These guys seem slow to respond. I hope they ship soon. For the money the unit actually looks pretty good. The receivers are nice and small. Still can do nothing till the hack kit comes. I'm a little worried about the actual programming part.

Really wish he would respond and let me know when he is shipping

HELP

I have this unit. I did the mechanical mods, then flashed the new software. It said it verified and it worked. Not I turn it on and bind to the receiver. I think it's binding. The receiver stops blinking but the light is on. I plug in the servos and they only twitch, once, each time I turn it on. They do not move with input from the radio though.

Any suggestions. Hope this hasn't been a stupid waste of time and money. What could it be? Tried multiple servos and batteries. No go

Back