flexshaft crimper

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

ok so i heard about the flex shaft crimper for making the square ends so does anyone know of where i can get one or who makes them? i have a ton of flexshaft material and want to make my own

not2bright said:
ok so i heard about the flex shaft crimper for making the square ends so does anyone know of where i can get one or who makes them? i have a ton of flexshaft material and want to make my own
91390[/snapback]

Maybe you could ask one of the guys on this thread that have made them....

click here

Tim.

Not2bright

I'am a toomaker by trade

If your going to make square ends on cables you need a die to do this and a press to do it wright.

its for a k and b 3.5 lower unit. i dont know the size but i do know i have about 20 ft of the flexshaft. i would have a lifetime supply of shafts :D

The actual spec for the K&B 3.5 flexcable is as follows: .150 diameter, right hand wrap (outer layer) , squared to .120/.122 by .375 useable flat at both ends. Overall length 4.625 +/- 1/16". Fusion welded at both ends.(That part is optional) If you are making your own, be careful that you don't end up with a taper in the length of the squared area, which is very easy to do because the end of the shaft will flatten easier than the next 3/8", and the shaft will tend to "squirt" out of the die, resulting in a taper. Also, your dies have to meet precisely to get it square, or it will bind in the propshaft or the motor output shaft. For the very best results, you should use a die with four moving elements, as opposed to two "v" shaped elements. Otherwise, you may end up with a basic square with a pair of jug-handle ears on two corners. All things considered, it's a piece of cake to knock out your own flexshafts. That's why I buy my Strongarm shafts from one of the leading manufacturers of flexshafts in the world. In fact, the original company held some of the very first patents for flexshaft manufacturing technology. My problem is that they take their sweet old time getting my orders sandwiched in with the hundreds of thousands of "weedwhacker" shafts they make. javascript:emoticon(' :( ')

smilie

LawlessMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Back