Firefighter .12 Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcboatlover

I'm planning to build a Firefighter .12 next winter and wanted to know if the Speedmaster hardware I have laying around will work. I have one of their small struts for a .187 shaft with the round bottom, and a .45 wedge rudder. I can give part #'s if needed.

Also what low cost engine would you suggest? I'm looking for a .15 to .16 . Our club is going to start racing a smaller class next year and can't exceed .16 so unfortunatly the .18's are out. I would really like to keep the engine cost under $175.00 so the NR are probably out too.

One last question would be the pipe. How are the car pipes working? Are they worth messing with?

Looking around the shop it looks like I have most of the parts I need to build it. I just have to order a kit!

Thanks for the help!

Dale P.

the speedmaster strut should work. the .45 wedge rudder would be too big I think. Of course the best would be to get Joe Solinger's hardware.

I have a sirio .15 engine, but I think it is discontinued I still like the OS TR .12, or maybe the traxxas .15

I would recommend the SPP carbon fiber pipe. I really have not messed with pipes a lot.

Thanks for the help Tom. I looked at the rudder and it is definatly too long, but that can be changed. Other than that it's pretty small so I might just give it a shot. Guess it would help to have a boat in front of me to see what it would look like.

As for the engine I have three .15 TRX engines in a box some where, my first boat was a Nitro V. :lol: Two of them are still new, but I diden't think that they would keep up with some of the other motors out there. Are most racers using air cooled engines in the firefighter?

Thanks again for the help!

Dale P.

Back