FE Drag Racing!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-O

<_< OK all you FE boaters,

We have been invited to challenge the RCDBA guys to a "Gas vs Electric" Drag Boat Race Competition.

So I want to pose a question to you.

What do you think the ideal setup would be for a 12 to 24 cell FE boat?

All the components of the drive train and hull are up for discussion.

What size and pitch of prop?

Motor type and size?

Drive line?

ESC?

Let's get some ideas and discussion going!

Thanks,

<_< OK all you FE boaters,

We have been invited to challenge the RCDBA guys to a "Gas vs Electric" Drag Boat Race Competition.

So I want to pose a question to you.

What do you think the ideal setup would be for a 12 to 24 cell FE boat?

All the components of the drive train and hull are up for discussion.

What size and pitch of prop?

Motor type and size?

Drive line?

ESC?

Let's get some ideas and discussion going!

Thanks,
I have done a little 1/10 scale drag racing. There is a link to a picture of my boat it is the yellow one with flames.

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/sh...ght=Drag+racing

I run 20 2200 cells a B50 6L and a 423 prop the boat is sorta fast. we need to get the lights on the water and see how fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy - does that little x432 hook up well? The model gas drag racers use centrifugal clutches and huge props on their 1/5-scale boats, so when they drop the hammer the boat is gone. I would think that a larger prop would give a better hole shot....but the torque reaction in your smaller boats might be too bad.

What other motor/cell/prop combos have you tried? A 4025 Kv motor on 20 cells...wow!

I have done a little 1/10 scale drag racing. There is a link to a picture of my boat it is the yellow one with flames.

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/sh...ght=Drag+racing

I run 20 2200 cells a B50 6L and a 423 prop the boat is sorta fast. we need to get the lights on the water and see how fast.

Randy,

Thanks for the link, the boats looks really cool!

A question or two please: Have you run this boat with different props and various strut settings? What seems to work best?

Do you have some times/distance numbers that you could share? I'm still trying to get a feel for how fast we need to go to be competitive.

I don't have a dragboat hull so Im trying to get competitive with a shovelnose hydro hull or a V-hull I designed.

What sort of boat are you looking at - something to race the gas boats?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Mason,

i think you are on the right line of thinking with your shovelnose for a quick impromptu drag boat...

of all my boats, my Dark Horse shovel appears to get up and max'd out in the shortest amount of time and distance...

1509 1YS Neu

Cuda 125 [time'n set two]

Octura M645

six IB3800's

its good for 52 mph and very quick to speed...

:unsure: i have no clue how fast the gasser's are running but...

off hand that's what i'd run if i was magically transported to Texas for yawl's Drag Race'n Weekend...

Ron

Back