F1 gas outboards, inboards a better option ??????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a P.I. from the late 80's. Boat was a blast to drive and run real well.

56" long. All kinds of problems with keeping gears in the lower unit. Sad to see it just die out.

I've got a red top with white bottom hull hanging in the shed. HUMMMMM,maybe??????

You know this is old,Heck back then the Zenoah G2D was the hot motor.
Hello there,

That's a very scale looking Outboard tunnel, and it was ran in the 80's ? Could you tell us the builder then and how was the overall performance apart from the gearing problem.

Appreciate your infos.

Latiff

56" long. All kinds of problems with keeping gears in the lower unit. Sad to see it just die out.

I've got a red top with white bottom hull hanging in the shed. HUMMMMM,maybe??????

Hello there,

That's a very scale looking Outboard tunnel, and it was ran in the 80's ? Could you tell us the builder then and how was the overall performance apart from the gearing problem.

Appreciate your infos.

Latiff
Latiff, The hull and outdrive where built by Preformance International in New Orleans.

The boat ran and handled well,In the low 50's as tested,but all kinds of gear problems.

I think Chris went to a flex drive later in testing. At the time it was a very expensive set-up.

Remember all the parts where the first of there kind. The mold was new,so was the outdrive. P.I. did a lot of machining to get this thing going. The great thing was the clutch. Yep it had a clutch. Man when you would bang the throttle it jumped on plane and hulled the mail. Ran just like the real tunnels...Flying the bow in the streights and turning on a dime in the corners.

Just a note:

I'm building a Zippkit Illusion Tunnel right now. Talked with Lawless last week and there sending me the lower unit.

Gunna top it with a pretty MEAN FULL MOD. 260 RMCK. and a tuned pipe. Gearbox servo from ServoCity. I'll open a new post alittle latter when all the parts are here.

Hello there,

Appreciate your infos.

Latiff
Latiff, The hull and outdrive where built by Preformance International in New Orleans.

The boat ran and handled well,In the low 50's as tested,but all kinds of gear problems.

I think Chris went to a flex drive later in testing. At the time it was a very expensive set-up.

Remember all the parts where the first of there kind. The mold was new,so was the outdrive. P.I. did a lot of machining to get this thing going. The great thing was the clutch. Yep it had a clutch. Man when you would bang the throttle it jumped on plane and hulled the mail. Ran just like the real tunnels...Flying the bow in the streights and turning on a dime in the corners.

Just a note:

I'm building a Zippkit Illusion Tunnel right now. Talked with Lawless last week and there sending me the lower unit.

Gunna top it with a pretty MEAN FULL MOD. 260 RMCK. and a tuned pipe. Gearbox servo from ServoCity. I'll open a new post alittle latter when all the parts are here.
Hey Nat,

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to your new thread on OB. I'm digging as much info on ob as I am going to be buying one ob motor soon to try on my tunnel boats. As a designer/builder, I could build one that would be close to scale when the gas ob hangs from the transom. I sure would'nt like the look of my tunnel if the OB motor seems a little bigger than how it should look as in the full scale. I definitely have one hull righ now ready to take on the ob GAS. I have a few video clips on youtube of my tunnel running for two categories of motor but heres a photobucket link for some still pics of my tunnel running,

http://s664.photobucket.com/albums/vv1/BodyguardF1boat/

Regards

Latiff

Got my outdrive from Lawless. Powered by a RCMK Viper Racing Motor.

Hull is being built by Ivan's Boat Works.

Got my outdrive from Lawless. Powered by a RCMK Viper Racing Motor.

Hull is being built by Ivan's Boat Works.
Hi Nat,

Just reactivated this link. saw yr msg. How is your tunnel OB going now. We are still sticking with ib SET UP so a lot of our guys can run in our races with readily available component.

Pls click on this link to seeour tunnel boat development here.

Rgds.

Latiff

Body Guard Boat.

Back