ESC water cooling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakysneakyracing

I have used a esc from a car for my boat i remover the air cooling and replaced it with a water cooling jacket. i dont have any heat shrink large enough to hold it all together. i have used electrical tape and the esc seems to be running way hotter than when i was useing heatshrink in the same boat same esc same batterys same prop. is it possible that the tape would hold in heat rarther than let it out?????

any help would be great

Take the water cooling off put the heat sync back on and attach a fan

I have used a esc from a car for my boat i remover the air cooling and replaced it with a water cooling jacket. i dont have any heat shrink large enough to hold it all together. i have used electrical tape and the esc seems to be running way hotter than when i was useing heatshrink in the same boat same esc same batterys same prop. is it possible that the tape would hold in heat rarther than let it out?????
any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
any help would be great
car and boat esc run diff timing.

grab the card or usb kit and reprogram the esc.

get heatransfer paste ( the white slippery stuff) and buy 50c of heatshrink !

:mellow:

ok all sounds good will a program card from a diferent brand work as i have not seen a program card avalibe for this particular ECS i have been using a cheap china ebay product its called mistery. i didnt want to add earlyer that i have poped a few its quite embarising

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you from experience that a Turnigy card will not work with the Mystery ESC's. I got a friend with some experience to help me and finally got it to program with the radio. Getting the right instructions was the hardest part.

ok all sounds good will a program card from a diferent brand work as i have not seen a program card avalible for this particular ECS i have been using a cheap china ebay product its called mistery. i didnt want to add earlier that i have poped a few its quite embarising

I can tell you from experience that a Turnigy card will not work with the Mystery ESC's. I got a friend with some experience to help me and finally got it to program with the radio. Getting the right instructions was the hardest part.
ok all sounds good will a program card from a diferent brand work as i have not seen a program card avalible for this particular ECS i have been using a cheap china ebay product its called mistery. i didnt want to add earlier that i have poped a few its quite embarising

ok may i ask which radio system you used in the end

I use a JR XS3

I use a JR XS3

Brand of radio has little to do with successful programming of an esc.

The beeps and squawks the esc makes when you turn it on and move the throttle from end to end are what programs the unit.

Mystery and Hobbywing sub 80A are same eeprom scripts.. meaning same program setups.

hobbywing = seaking also...

see what you can track down from their various dealers.

W

Brand of radio has little to do with successful programming of an esc.

The beeps and squawks the esc makes when you turn it on and move the throttle from end to end are what programs the unit.

Mystery and Hobbywing sub 80A are same eeprom scripts.. meaning same program setups.

hobbywing = seaking also...

see what you can track down from their various dealers.

W

thanks for the help buy i was more interested in changing the timeing. when it comes to running from stationary to full i never have any problems and the batters never comback under charged.

Option 5 in the programming instructions is the Timing Mode Setting. Options are 1,7,15 & 30 degrees.

Hope that helps.

Back