Engine Question....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

Well, here's the stupid new guy question of the week.

I have an older CMB .67 engine that I think needs a bit of work. When I turn the crank it does not stop from the compression like you'd expect it to, the piston gets to the top then I hear a sharp clicking noise....then no resistance. What's broken?

Also, are there parts available for the gold heads? I'd like to start tinkering with engines a bit, but I don't want to learn/experiment on one of my good engines. Don't want to @#*% one of those up. Or, as an alternative, is there somebody out there who can return this to its former glory?

Hi Doug,

If you want to bring it by my house in Lake Forest Park I will go through it with you after the Holidays. First you should get ahold of Gary Jensen from the RCU website and get 3-4 of his thick front cover gaskets.

I'm a firm beleiver in pulling my motors down after every race and inspecting, cleaning and re-lubing them. You will need a puller to do that and I can steer you in the right direction.

I"ll PM you my phone number.

Mike

I have an older CMB .67 engine that I think needs a bit of work. When I turn the crank it does not stop from the compression like you'd expect it to, the piston gets to the top then I hear a sharp clicking noise....then no resistance. What's broken?

Also, are there parts available for the gold heads? I'd like to start tinkering with engines a bit, but I don't want to learn/experiment on one of my good engines. Don't want to @#*% one of those up. Or, as an alternative, is there somebody out there who can return this to its former glory?
Doug, is this for a Rock & Roll lady??

I would have expected it to be done by now??

Doug, is this for a Rock & Roll lady??

I would have expected it to be done by now??

No it is not. I put all of my 1st string parts in her, and she's ready for next season. Great boat, by the way.

Back