Suggestions for a decent nitro play boat?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kurtz

Hey guy's I'm getting the boat bug in a bad way again after around 10 or 12 years of not messing with them. I've already picked up a couple of electrics, UL 19 and a single motor Genesis. I also put in an order for a 60" cat to put a modified Zenoah 30cc Gizmo engine in.
I fly heli's and have quite a bit of 30% heli fuel that I thought might work ok in a marine nitro engine of some sort and was thinking of building a rigger or hydro for a nitro engine to just mess around with. Not wanting to race or get too serious with it just something to play with.

So my questions are is this a very good idea? I didn't want to have to buy yet another type of expensive nitro fuel for boating.
What are the better engine brands out there these days? OPS, Picco, CMB, ? Seems like K@B, OS, and others from back in the day don't make marine engines anymore.

I'm thinking something in the larger sizes like above .40 ci. Although I'm not totally against the smaller .21 size stuff.
Are there any particular engine brands to shy away from?

Just looking for something to mess around with and burn up some 30% heli fuel with around 20 or 22% oil I think.

Any tips or info appreciated.

Lots of deals in the for sale section. Gas and electric have a variety of motors to choose from but nitro is losing suppliers but still used motors are out there that will work fine.

Brad

I have a Seaducer 20 mono that is complete less servos. Speedmaster hardware, OS .21 (also a BNIB spare engine). If interested I can post pics tomorrow.
Aaron

Are you looking to build a kit or buy something used? Are you interested in scale/sport boats only, or open to any type of hull?
Mainly looking for a nitro engine in the .40 or larger sizes but would consider a package deal depending on the deal I guess. Looking for more of the faster type of Cat, hydro, tunnel, or mono hulls.
Wouldn't mind a kit. I'm actually scratch building a large hydro for a gas engine right now but I want to either build or buy a smaller boat to run some nitro in because I fly heli's and have 30% nitro that I'd like to see how it runs in a boat.

Back