Electric sport 40???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Gadoury

Hello,

I'm a nitro guy that is thinking to go electric......

What would I need if I was to build an electric sport 40???

I already have a boat.

What motor would be good, speed control and batteries ( lipo or ni-mh) how many cells, etc???

Is there a class for an electric sport 40?

Thanks for your help and comments!!!

Eric

Eric,

It really depends on you intended purpose. If we don't put some length restrictions in place in NAMBA, I'll be running a sport 40 hull in P Sport (4S2P LiPo power). I'm currently running a power system in a mono that would translate directly across to the sport boat.

My power system of choice would be:

1521/1.5D Neu motor

4S2P 25C LiPos (~10ah)

Castle Creations Hydra 240 ESC

Starting prop would be an X452 or equivalent (I'm running an X452/3 in a delta force 33" mono with this power system).

This combo should run comfortably in the low 60's in a good hull. Should be able to run a full mile plus mill laps.

That's my .02

Others may have different ideas.

Brian,

Did I read that correctly? A 1521/1.5D (1860KV)? That's only about 20K to the wheel.

Thanks and all the best,

Ray

Thanks for the info,

With that set up, I should be able to be about the same speed as a nitro sport 40?

Do you water cool the motors or just air?

Where could I see pictures of the set up?

Thanks again,

Eric

Guys I am thinking about buying a Aeromarine Sport 40 turbine and using it for FE. I plan on using a Neu motor and two 6s5000mah Flightpower lipo's on parallel. Is there any reason to stay away from this hull for FE?

I wish I could tell you one way or the other, but I don't know anything about the hull. I'm building up a Phil Thomas boat, there are several options out there.

How about in a 1/8 scale hydro what would work not to race just to go out and have some fun and picture would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could tell you one way or the other, but I don't know anything about the hull. I'm building up a Phil Thomas boat, there are several options out there.
Brian, can you send me some pics of your PT sport 40? I am thinking about one now after looking at the specs on the AM hull and the PT hull. It looks like the PT hull is wider and may be more stable but I want to see the inside of the hull to see how well I can tape the hatch down.

Back