E-City Record Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's a hansom group. Man the tornadoes just seem to find D12 at spring trials. I'm sorry Mother Nature wasn't kind to you all this past weekend but looks like you guys made the best of it. Congrats to Jim, Blaise and Trent!!

Ron, I have a new PA amp I purchased for the Capitol race in June. It has a build in MP3 player so I expect you to bring some karaoke tracks and provide the entertainment for lunch....

Three tornados! We spent most of our time picking trash out of the pond but no one got upset about broken props and kicked back rudders. We were all just happy to not have been in the pickup boat when it was tossed upside down in the wind. A great group of guys and a great getaway weekend. Thats two record trials with tornados in the recent two years. If I see a young girl with pony tails and a little dog named Toto at the next record trial I'm getting out of there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew!!! Finally a quick chance to take a breath at the WTC in Charleston. I wanted to personally thank Kentley Porter for his help and prop suggestions at the SAWS last weekend. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. There is always the Fall...
default_smile.png
I also wanted to thank Truex for letting me try some of his hydro props, and Liddycoat for tossing my boats in the water. Thanks again guys!!!

Official results.

Trent Ghattas LSG27 Rigger 105.288 mph.

Jim Skelton LSG36 Sport Hydro 89.498 mph.

Blaise Recca TLSG Mono 66.021 mph.

Congratulations fellas!!

Ron thanks for getting the paperwork to me so quickly.

The records file has been updated and sent to the webmaster!
default_smile.png

Doug

Kevin Sheren just set a new record. The updated records are online.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Kevin, you make me shine!
default_cool.png

Kevin Sheren just set a new record. The updated records are online.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Kevin, you make me shine!
default_cool.png
No no Doug....your white shoes make you shine.....playa!

Congrats guys. It was good seeing you all. I have video of Jim's record pass and some fast passes of others. I will post whenever I get time.

This event was interesting to say the least! We had the storms, then the blackouts! The not knowing if the retrieve boat was even going to be found, let alone recovered! Then the debris field to deal with the rest of the weekend. It just proves, there's no perfect weekend when doing these spring SAW trials!.... However, despite the weather conditions and all the obstacles that were overcome, It's the people involved with making everything work out, that I really enjoyed this past weekend. I went to the E-city record trials gunning for a record, but came away with something much more valuable to me... A memory that will last a lifetime!.... I want to thank Ron Shaw for stepping up and hosting the event. You did an excellent job! Dick Loeb for co-hosting, and running the pickup boat. My boy Scott Liddycoat for getting wet and tossing my boat in for me all weekend (I owe you a beer!). Don Ferrette for helping me navigate through the debris field once I got the boat sorted. Jim Skelton, John Finch, Bob Austin, Martin Truex, Ben Gugler, Blaise and Kentley Porter for ALL pitching in, and helping make this event what it was. We have a wonderful IMPBA family here in D12 and I can't wait for the next time we get together to see what strange/unusual, and Interesting things will happen!!! Hope to see everyone again real soon at the next D12 event!

Cheers,

Trent G.

Now that's a hansom group. Man the tornadoes just seem to find D12 at spring trials. I'm sorry Mother Nature wasn't kind to you all this past weekend but looks like you guys made the best of it. Congrats to Jim, Blaise and Trent!!

Ron, I have a new PA amp I purchased for the Capitol race in June. It has a build in MP3 player so I expect you to bring some karaoke tracks and provide the entertainment for lunch....
Be careful what you ask for...
default_smile.png
...lol

Im ready Chilli!!!...
default_smile.png

Back