Dumb question! :0

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHedOff

My lack of terminology is showing. I have my radio's manual and was trying to figure out how to adjust how far it makes a servo move. Bottomline is my carb doesnt quite close fully and I'd like to be able to tell my radio to move it further. What is the terminology for this so I can find it in my manual? Is it "adjusting end points" (dont know what that means)?

My lack of terminology is showing. I have my radio's manual and was trying to figure out how to adjust how far it makes a servo move. Bottomline is my carb doesnt quite close fully and I'd like to be able to tell my radio to move it further. What is the terminology for this so I can find it in my manual? Is it "adjusting end points" (dont know what that means)?

End point adjustments are what your after- may have to play with the linkage some to get the desired adjustment.

What radio ?

A little slow tonight- thanks Ryon- lol

Last edited by a moderator:

End point adjustments are what your after- may have to play with the linkage some to get the desired adjustment.

What radio ?

End point adjustment as mentioned above. If you need more travel, go out to farthest hole on servo horn, and just the opposite on the throtle arm. Let me know, when you want to test your .21 hydro. I will bring some props to try. Richard D

What radio ?

End point adjustment as mentioned above. If you need more travel, go out to farthest hole on servo horn, and just the opposite on the throtle arm. Let me know, when you want to test your .21 hydro. I will bring some props to try. Richard D
Thanks All! :D

Richard, am looking forward to getting together w/you.... thought the .21 JAE would be ready today, but my fuel tank from my other .21 rigger doesnt fit. Details, details, details........... :D

I've been tinkering with my JAE .21 trying to get all the throw that I can. I first shortened the throttle arm, cutting about half of it off then bending it to the shape that I needed. Next I put the longest servo arm on that I had handy.

A long time ago I started my initial throttle set-up with the carb wide open the throttle servo maxed out for WOT setting then shut off the RX. I then adjust the linkage from there then turn the RX back on to see where it's at once the servo is back to center. I wasn't far off this time but I could have used to have me hole on the throttle arm a tad closer to the carb.

If you're doing this on a Nova Rossi, there isn't one yet that I've had to leave alone as the throttle arms are awfully long.

Thanks All! :D

Richard, am looking forward to getting together w/you.... thought the .21 JAE would be ready today, but my fuel tank from my other .21 rigger doesnt fit. Details, details, details........... :D
Which radio do you have?

With my Novarossi .21 and a Hitec MS-82, using the longest supplied servo arm and the shortest hole on the stock carb arm, I had to set my servo throw over 100%. I am using a 3PK. Not sure why Futaba has servo throw values listed over 100%. But anyways, I could get the carb to just barely fully open and close without shortening the carb arm. If there is any compliance in your throttle linkage, then that won't help either.

The Futaba that I'm using in the JAE .21 goes to 120%.

The Futaba that I'm using in the JAE .21 goes to 120%.
I think the 3pk goes to 120% too, I'd have to double check. Does that mean if you are using a non-computer radio that your servo travel is limited to only 100%? :unsure:

I suppose if I had the time I would hook up one of my old AM radios and check.

Agree, it's strange. The 3PK goes to 120%.

On my Brush less car I went from 100% to 120% on the throttle (ESC) but did not get more than 100% speed... :)

Back