District 14 Phenomes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlaThornton

I just wanted the whole IW world to know what great people we have in District 14! Our small club in Madison, IN with only 4 "active" members just put on a ONE DAY RACE with 94 boat entries. It could not have happened with out the help of some phenomenal people from outside our club and they deserve a shout out (and so much more!)

Bruce and Kyle Jacobs (from the Indy Club) were a dynamic duo helping all day long in the retrieve boat. We had guys lined up to help with retrieve but they had mechanical problems on the way to the race site and had to turn around and go back home so we were scrambling to find someone the morning of the race and these two stepped up gladly and did so with smiles the whole day! You two are amazing people!!!!

Aaron Johnson (Evansville Club) came up to help on the stand and called the race for us to keep the drivers and spectators informed. He came all the way up just to help us, he didn't even want to take time out to race a boat! We can not thank you enough Aaron!

Rocky Farmer and Rob Overton (Sellersburg Club) were great "neighbors" to our club! Rocky kept track of entries, posted heats ahead of time, and scored all day for us and allowed us to use personal and club supplies to make sure we could do what we needed to do to make the race day run smoothly and be safe! Rob provided us with a bigger engine for our retrieve boat and jumped in to help us out with retrieve throughout the day when needed.

I also need to thank Joe Petro and his ZippKits team for providing our club with an abundance of raffle items and helping sell tickets throughout the day. (So sorry I didn't get the guys name that sold the tickets, he was such a big help!!!) Thanks to Joe, every single driver went home with a raffle prize! Not to mention he made a 14 yr old boy ecstatic who won a ready to race boat and several other drivers went home with enough parts to get a new boat ready!

Adam Wellman with Hobbico also helped us out by showing up with an arm load of merchandise to add to our raffle! We didn't even ask, he just offered...now how awesome is that!!!!

Lastly to all the racers that showed up to our race from D14 or surrounding districts, thanks for being patient with us on what was a very long day of racing. BUT OH SO FUN!!!! SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!

Model Boating at its finest !!
default_happy.png

Don
default_smile.png

Well I'll definitely 've going to that race next year. Seems to be more fun than even the big boats.

That great guy helping with the raffle ticket sales was none other than Mark Scott, AKA OBnut.

Glad we could help out, we had to smile cos Don said at the drivers meeting he would dock anybody not smiling or happy 50 points and I need all the points I can get. Madison is always a good time. bj

When you want to attend a great race you have to be part of it to make it great. This place just gets better and better

Sorry I couldn't be there to donate prizes as well, recovering from surgeries...

Karla, I was happy to help out the racers and Joe. Heck, all I had to do was stand there and sell, sell and sell some more.. It was great to see old friends that haven't seen in years. Well, maybe SayMikey as he wanted to get on the back of my bike (NO!
default_laugh.png
). Hopefully next year I'll be able to race.

Thanks to the Madison club for a great time.Great club,Great people to race with .Be back next year.

Dave Roach

Latest posts

Back