Dinogy battery

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

Hi all. I've got my p-limited JAE running pretty good. I'm very green with this electric stuff and have a few questions re:battery. I am running a ul-1esc & motor. My battery pack is a dinogy 4s 5000 mah, it also says 5c quick charge. What does 5c quick charge mean? At how many can I charge this battery? And what kind of run time can I expect? Apparently the esc will give a stutter bump at low voltage? Haven't seen that, but also haven't run the battery down a lot. A little paranoid to over discharge.

Thanks. Joe.

Multiply amp capacty of the pack (5.000) times the C rating (5C) and you will come up with 25 amps. You will need a heck of a charger to charge at that rate. Most of us charge at 1C (5 amps for a 5000 mah pack). I occasionaly charge at 2C on my smaller packs.

Run time depends on the prop you are using. The H7 is a great prop on the JAE. Try not to run your packs down to low voltage cut off. Your packs will come back hot and it will reduce thier performance and life. If not racing, I usually do no more thant 7-8 Laps on the couse and bring her in.

Last edited by a moderator:
charge it at 1c ,or 2c if your in a hurry (to run a race) ... fast charging will limit the packs useful life .

also , while many chargers will charge at 10-25amps , the problem is NONE of them balance a pack properly at that rate .

look into how fast your charger can balance charge , and leave it at that ..

1c = 5000ma or 5 amps , 2c 5000ma , is 10 amps

balance charge !

regards

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info guys. Thanks. Keep it coming. I'm pretty conservative. I will charge at 1c then. Seems like I've been at 3.5 Amps so far.

Jason pointed out a good advice "balancing charge".usually takes much more time than simple charge but helps a lot to equalize the cells of the pack.One more thing that should be considered is verify the IR(internal resistance) of the pack with a good meter or using a charger that has this function like the Ichargers.Cell IR of 3moH is good for Racing 5moH good for sport and up to 10mOh get rid of this pack.Gill

Hi all. I've got my p-limited JAE running pretty good. I'm very green with this electric stuff and have a few questions re:battery. I am running a ul-1esc & motor. My battery pack is a dinogy 4s 5000 mah, it also says 5c quick charge. What does 5c quick charge mean? At how many can I charge this battery? And what kind of run time can I expect? Apparently the esc will give a stutter bump at low voltage? Haven't seen that, but also haven't run the battery down a lot. A little paranoid to over discharge.

Thanks. Joe.
I have low voltage alarm used in my cordless starter. It is beeps when any cell drop below 3.3 V. Boris

The UL-1 ESC will limit the current to less than 90 amps for any length of time. If you average 80 amps, you can run 3 minutes or less safely. That's plenty for any race but is easy to exceed in testing.

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back