dimensions of the tub of a twin rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henkie

Guys i really want to know how you determine how big the tub has to be .I´m planning on a build of a twin jae .18.

Henkie,

You need it wide enough to fit your motor mount inside the tub.

Why twin 18 motors?

Curious,

Mark Sholund

Henkie,

Why twin 18 motors?

Curious,

Mark Sholund
It`s my first twin boat and i want to keep it within a little budget.That´s the first reason the second one is that i already have a .12 jae rigger and i want to build this twin on base of those plans.I love the design of the .45 sponsons so i think i will also use those only a little bit smaller.

Henkie,

Why twin 18 motors?

Curious,

Mark Sholund
It`s my first twin boat and i want to keep it within a little budget.That´s the first reason the second one is that i already have a .12 jae rigger and i want to build this twin on base of those plans.I love the design of the .45 sponsons so i think i will also use those only a little bit smaller.
If it were me I would the 45 JAE plans as is sponsons included and just widen the tub enough to get your two .18's in there. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Don that also was my first thought but i think it´s then to big.Maybe a stupid solution from my side but i was thinking like when you combine 2 .18´s that´s .36 :rolleyes: When i use the drawings of the .45 then (.)45 is 100 % that shared through 100 and then multiply bij (.)36 and widen the tub to fit the engine.Is this a rare solution or was i thinking the good way ??

Yeah Don that also was my first thought but i think it´s then to big.Maybe a stupid solution from my side but i was thinking like when you combine 2 .18´s that´s .36 :rolleyes: When i use the drawings of the .45 then (.)45 is 100 % that shared through 100 and then multiply bij (.)36 and widen the tub to fit the engine.Is this a rare solution or was i thinking the good way ??
I'm thinking about weight as well since two .18's are going to weigh about the same as two .21's and most twin .21 boats have been based close to a .45 size boat. Personally I think you'll be fine using the .45 plans. :)

I'm thinking about weight as well since two .18's are going to weigh about the same as two .21's and most twin .21 boats have been based close to a .45 size boat. Personally I think you'll be fine using the .45 plans. :)
Thanks Don i calculate my own thinking and that was totally wrong :p I will go the way of the .45 plans or there must be some other guys with other thoughts.

I agree with DOn. Go with the 45 boat with the tub only as wide to get the motors in.

Mike

Henkie,

The width is not as important as the tub profile.

The 45 sponsons should have no problem carrying the weight

of two 18 motors. If I was you I would make sure that 21's

would fit also, just for resale and potential to upgrade.

I would start with a pair of H-4's to get it started on the water.

Good Luck Building,

Mark Sholund

Thank you guys.I already have printed the plans of the jae .45 at my work at scale 1 to 1.Now i have to go find me some engine´s.The first plan was to use 2 .18 go engines but i think i go with the advice of Mark and search for 2 .21 engine´s.The first choice wil be also a go engine i think,because of the budget :unsure:

Thank you guys.I already have printed the plans of the jae .45 at my work at scale 1 to 1.Now i have to go find me some engine´s.The first plan was to use 2 .18 go engines but i think i go with the advice of Mark and search for 2 .21 engine´s.The first choice wil be also a go engine i think,because of the budget :unsure:
What's your engine budget? I hope to do a .21 twin eventually and plan to use two Novarossi .21 5-ports for $430 a pair. More expensive than Go engines, but some pay that for a single engine.

What's your engine budget? I hope to do a .21 twin eventually and plan to use two Novarossi .21 5-ports for $430 a pair. More expensive than Go engines, but some pay that for a single engine.
I dont have a precise budget but it isn´t big. My other rigger has a cmb and i really would have 2 of those.Let i say it this way i will see what comes on my way.

I dont have a precise budget but it isn´t big. My other rigger has a cmb and i really would have 2 of those.Let i say it this way i will see what comes on my way.
i would do the 2 nova deal and lay them in there at angles that would allow the pipes to be ran together down the middle .. that would be radical looking.. maybe a twin guru like don, stu, buckshot or others that know more about them would be able to tell you if it would work...just a thought.

tk

Back