Deuce Questions????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunnelbill

I got this for my Grand Daughter to learn on so she will leave my tunnels alone.

1. Do you guys do anything to the rudder? Can it be sanded and polished?

2. What Nitro/Oil percent do you run? I run 66/12 oil and do not want to melt the ST Down, I mix my fuel so I can make anything.

3. Does the radio boxes Leak if you flip?

4. Only 4 AA Batteries in the TX? Do they work OK ?

Looking to hear from people that run them.

Thanks,

Bill

1. sure

2. don't have a deuce but in my MV i ran 45

3. flip my MV ALL the time sane box. No water problems

4. I have no idea sorry.

hope that was some help

yes it can, i run 40/18 oil. iv seen guyz run straight 60 when they got their vegas out of the box, for extra ins. put a big tie strap around the radio box. thats what i do and when mine flips the box is dry, and yes the 4 aa are just fine if your playing, it woudent hurt to put a rec pack in. they weight the same. just my 2 cents

I got this for my Grand Daughter to learn on so she will leave my tunnels alone.

Yes you can, and I would recommend it...at least sand to sharpen the leading edge. You might also want to remove a little length.

2. What Nitro/Oil percent do you run? I run 66/12 oil and do not want to melt the ST Down, I mix my fuel so I can make anything.
Most folks are running 30-50% nitro, with 16-20% oil. If she is not racing, I would stick close to 30% nitro with 18% oil.
3. Does the radio boxes Leak if you flip?
Sometimes, a little. Not bad. I put a folded over paper towel under the battery pack, and have not had a problem. Common place for leaks is the screws in the bottom of the box. Either they back out, or the wood shrinks (not sure which). The Deuce I got for my kid has short screws in it (shorter than the MV). They strip easily in the wood. Longer servo screws might be handy...

4. Only 4 AA Batteries in the TX? Do they work OK ?
Yes...we have ran the RX pack dead once (at least I think that was the cause of our problem), but have yet to do it with the TX.

Sean

Guys,

Thank you for the info. She will not race it for a few months but I will race it at the next Dist 12 race.

Thanks,

TB

Hea Bill,

Sand and sharpen... dont cut off untill after testing..

I use 50% fuel.. Truth is the more the better in this case.. Its not all that thursty so higher % fuel is totaly doable. Mine runs just around 40 on 50% ODO fuel.

yea some times.. seems like its a battle between making the screws tight enough and not stripping out the plastic.. I do what I can to crank em.

the Tactic radio is FANTASTIC for what it is.. WORKS OVER WATER and.. it only uses 4 AAs... best "Kick Around" Radio you will likey ever use.

O yea.. with the new Q pipe.. dont try and yank to much prop.. the pipe and motor likes RPM so test test test.

Grim

First things first. If you run the new Duece out of the box it is slow. Replaced the pipe with a macs 3.5, removed the wing and it took off.

Next came the turnfin and rudder.(still had a couple laying around from TLR days). The boat came alive and clocked at 40. I love the fact

it is now not as wet a boat as the previous versions. Starter is great and engine seems ok except it loves nitro.

First things first. If you run the new Duece out of the box it is slow. Replaced the pipe with a macs 3.5, removed the wing and it took off.

Next came the turnfin and rudder.(still had a couple laying around from TLR days). The boat came alive and clocked at 40. I love the fact

it is now not as wet a boat as the previous versions. Starter is great and engine seems ok except it loves nitro.
Out the box with just changing to an Octura Y535, I have seen one Deuce hull run 37 on GPS. and another run 38 on radar. Granted, that's not ballistic, but it's not too bad for a RTR.

JD

Yes you can, and I would recommend it...at least sand to sharpen the leading edge. You might also want to remove a little length.
myself i will be testing my sons new duece ..it has a custom sean bowf rudder from the miss vegas early days last year.. great rudder you still making them sean? i have one left so i might need a couple more for some projects in the future. im using a mac 3.5 pipe stinger reduced , 60 percent weed killer , pulled all the shims and set the clearence at .005 , usual holes in cowl for cooling, sullivan airplane tank till i make a metal one as the plastic seems to be the same as my first vegas.. removed the entire starting system and made belt only start..should free it up a bit?? and of course my trusty 2.4 fhss-2 airtronics m-11 guiding it till i turn it over to my 6yo.. he is a lucky kid he has a new vs-1 and os outboard , and now a duece modded by dad a bit..hoping to beat porkchop pete and his "custom grimracer" duece .. then ill hand the controls to him and let him give pete the smackdown.. grim if you read this i have a question about props on this ..and great job on these nice looking deal and great price my friend.. cant wait to see you all in mendota agian this year.

terry k

I have some of the rudders left Terry, but don't foresee having any more made. The guy i was using kept trying to increase his price, and then I found out that some of my rejects made it into a hobby shop in KS... I have had a hard time finding a machinest that is not either trying to put his kids through college on a single order from me, or trying to steal my ideas for his own profit. I guess I need to learn how to do it myself and buy a mill. Local 2 year college has classes on it... Maybe once I finish my masters in ed I will check it out.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some of the rudders left Terry, but don't forsee having any more made. The guy i was using kept trying to increase his price, and then I found out that some of my rejects made it into a hobby shop in KS... I have had a hard time finding a machinest that is not either trying to put his kids through college on a single order from me, or trying to steal my ideas for his own profit. I guess I need to learn how to do it myself and buy a mill. Local 2 year college has classes on it... Maybe once I finish my masters in ed I will check it out.

Sean
you need to get ahold of steve wood and see if he can do it.. he wont scam you, or steal your idea , and he i feel is reasonable and the quality is out of this world..and do you mind if i let him have a copy of one i have left and see what he can do?

terry

you need to get ahold of steve wood and see if he can do it.. he wont scam you, or steal your idea , and he i feel is reasonable and the quality is out of this world..and do you mind if i let him have a copy of one i have left and see what he can do?

terry
Go for it Terry.

I have been trying to find someone that is NOT in the hobby to make them. I figured that I would be less likely to get burned that way.

If I remember correct, the last quote I got on them was just a little under $20 each...and remember, this is just a blade that goes in the stock mount.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Back