Delta Force 29.5 Prop size

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

An enquiry to throw out there for the guys that have set these boats up already

I am looking for ideas on what prop sizes to run on my Delta 29.5

We have speed runs coming up next month,and are wanting to get ideas whats a safe prop to run and not to melt things if i can help it ( But Fast ;) )

The setup currently is

Feigao 9XL

Hydra 120

4S1P 4500MAH Lipo

Speedmaster Stinger Strut ( cut down )

Speedmaster Mono Rudder

CG approx 33%

Would an 8XL motor be better ?

I am ordering a Data logger shortly but ideas before then will be helpfull :)

Last edited by a moderator:
An enquiry to throw out there for the guys that have set these boats up already
I am looking for ideas on what prop sizes to run on my Delta 29.5

We have speed runs coming up next month,and are wanting to get ideas whats a safe prop to run and not to melt things if i can help it ( But Fast ;) )

The setup currently is

Feigao 9XL

Hydra 120

4S1P 4500MAH Lipo

Speedmaster Stinger Strut ( cut down )

Speedmaster Mono Rudder

CG approx 33%

Would an 8XL motor be better ?

I am ordering a Data logger shortly but ideas before then will be helpfull :)
The 9XL will pull lower amps. Depending on the C- racting of the 4s pack it may be the better choice. With that motor you can safely run the K40&42 carbon props, X440,442,X438,X437,X440-3 blade, Prather 215 and any other props around 37 to 43mm. I run the K40 on my 36 Cat and pull around 70 amps continus with spike of over 100 in the turns. The 8xl will be a hotter choice pulling more amps and may need smaller props to unloaded more.

Hope this helps. FYI I use the DPR data logger. It's a decent unit with simple software.

The 9XL will pull lower amps. Depending on the C- racting of the 4s pack it may be the better choice. With that motor you can safely run the K40&42 carbon props, X440,442,X438,X437,X440-3 blade, Prather 215 and any other props around 37 to 43mm. I run the K40 on my 36 Cat and pull around 70 amps continus with spike of over 100 in the turns. The 8xl will be a hotter choice pulling more amps and may need smaller props to unloaded more.Hope this helps. FYI I use the DPR data logger. It's a decent unit with simple software.
Thanks for your help

The C rating on the pack is 22C continuous and 40C burst

I have tried X440,X442,X637,x642,M445,x445,x645,P215,P220

speeds reaching 41.3 mph to 46.48 mph on GPS with cell temps not above 112 deg F

Tried a prather P230 prop done a few 100 mtr bursts with speeds reaching 51.32 mph, cell temps 130 deg F

Looks like i might have to get a data logger fast before i do any more testing :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so your packs can deliver a max of 99 amps, Respectable amperage, Id try to keep the amps around 80 or so, and prop for amperage. Got any vid's of it running?

FWIW I run a 10XL in a 32" DF hull (CyberStorm). I use mostly m445, m447, and a x646. I [lan to give a worked x452 a shot just for giggles (very short run expected). I am also thinking of going to a 9XL in this boat. Cells are 25C 5000 PolyRC in a 4S2P arrangement. Packs are never above 115 so far.

Ok so your packs can deliver a max of 99 amps, Respectable amperage, Id try to keep the amps around 80 or so, and prop for amperage. Got any vid's of it running?

No vid's as yet, as soon as i get camera repaired i will post one ;)

Packs are quite good, it would be better if we could run 4S 2P in our class, it would be a lot easier on the cells.Unfortunately the class only allows 4S 1P 5000mah limit at moment and cheap motors.

Jason

FWIW I run a 10XL in a 32" DF hull (CyberStorm). I use mostly m445, m447, and a x646. I [lan to give a worked x452 a shot just for giggles (very short run expected). I am also thinking of going to a 9XL in this boat. Cells are 25C 5000 PolyRC in a 4S2P arrangement. Packs are never above 115 so far.
What sort of speed do you get with 10XL ? and what does it handle like ?

Just wanting to get an idea on if lower revs/big prop combo works.

For heat racing i will use the M445 for now, seems to be the best prop setup on the 9XL in my hull, only taking 3250mah out of packs in a race

(Oval racing 100 mtr straights countdown start 5 lap race plus 1 lap to bring boat back in ) speeds around 46 mph on GPS

Jason

I have not put a GPS on it yet. I had hoped to do so this weekend but the weather was uncooperative to say the least. I am going to GPS it before and after the motor swap.

I have not put a GPS on it yet. I had hoped to do so this weekend but the weather was uncooperative to say the least. I am going to GPS it before and after the motor swap.
When you do so let me know the speeds i will be quite interested ;)

Heres a short vid of it running, still havent got data logger to check amps

Hi jason,

i use to run mine on a m445 with an 8xl and 12 cells..and had no troubles

the 9xl and 4s should handle it no probs

Heath

Back