D12 Fun Run Sunday November 14th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilli

Reproduced with permission from Ray Hotchkin. Let's get some Nitro and FE guys there too!!! ;)

I am not ready to put away the model boats for the long cold winter and hoping most district 12 and other model boaters feel the same way.

On Sunday; November 14, Nancy and myself will be at the Queenstown, Maryland (Delmarva Model Boat Club) pond. I will volunteer my "CD" services for a day at this "Fun Run". There will be no entry fees so there will not be any trophies. There will be a retrieve boat/motor, buoys and audio clock and I will do my best to keep a smooth running "Fun Run".

Bring any and all the boats you like. If I get 2 or 3 of one kind of class we will run it. I believe the most popular classes will be the gas classes. Classes I would like to see show up are the following: Mono, Cat, Sport Hydro, Jersey Sea Skiff and Classic Thunderboat. Will also run a class of "run what you brung". Also would love to run a "100 lap marathon" if we get enough model boaters interested. I am waiting to hear from Mike and/or Earl about an official start time. You all will be the first to know as I do.

Nancy and myself will be camping at the pond Saturday night and hoping the weather is good. And we will be running our gas Thunderboats. Everyone had a good time last year at the "Fun Run" and hoping to see fellow model boaters\friends come to this fine model boat pond to end the season.

Please feel free to e-mail, private message or call me.

[email protected]

[email protected]

(443)523-9495 cell

(410)873-2458 home

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with me Carl. I have to find a way to get off work.

i'm also going to try to make it. sorry to hear about your upcoming sickness, mike :rolleyes: .

Weather looks good for Sunday and the winds are forecast to finally settle down this weekend. As of now Ray says they are planning on running from noon to 4pm but I believe he is working on an earlier start. I'll let you know if it gets pushed up.

As much as I want to, I just can't make it this weekend. :( I have to work Sunday evening plus I still havent recieved my replacement transmitter. I'm also in winter build mode. My new Seaducer P-mono is about 2/3 finished and she should be done in a week or two.

Contact if you have any further questions guys. He does have a IW account but lost his sign on info. His contact info is on the first post of this thread.

From Ray this evening:

I have not heard that we can start any earlier..

So the "Fun Run" will be from 12 noon til 4 pm...

4 hours of non stop model boat racing fun.

Anyone wishing to have a trophy for your endevour for the day... please let me know and I will bring a whole box full... you can pick and choice any and all trophies you may like.

I encourage everyone attending to come to the model boat pond by 10 or 11 am to sign up so at the stroke of 12 noon the first heat will go off.

I will be easy to spot.. I will be the one with the camper. Baltimore Ravens are playing Thursday nite and Washington Redskins are playing Monday night so, I have no clue who is playing on Sunday on FOX or CBS on the flat screen television.

Anyone wishing to grill some food~~ I will have my bar~b~q grill. Also will have a mircowave to heat up anything you may want or need.

I want everyone to have a great time... because most of you will be putting away the boats til next year.

I want to thank everyone for a fun and exciting IMPBA district 12 model boat race season and hope all will come to this great final event of the 2010 season.

ray, i want to thank you for organising the fun run. had a blast!! 300+ miles round trip, worth every mile, imo ;) . see ya'll next spring, at a pond somewhere :D .

Ray,

Thanks for putting on the Fun Run race. I think everyone had a good time that came to the race, I know I had a good time watching and helping other boaters. I even got to race a beautiful cat that belong to Herb, the boat is to nice to race so I was on my toes. See you guys next season.

I had a very nice relaxing time there.

Ran my 90 mono in gas mono for one heat and had a blast.

got very comfy in my chair and talked a bunch with Robbin and Charles.

I even am selling a new cmb 21LS EVO to Robbin once he gets the $ together for a spare motor.

The drive over and back wasn't too uncomfortable for me. Thought the traffic back

was going to be junk, but set the cruise control for the most part and really didn't

have to slow down much.

Everyone had a great time there.

Carl

Back