Convert Air to Water cooling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBoy

I have a K&B 7.5 Pro Red Head outboard that I would like to convert to water cooled. Anybody know where I can find the parts to do this? Is it as easy as buying the semi pro head or do I need the super pro head? Anyone have a used head that will fit this motor?

Thanks, JOhn SMith

[email protected]

johnboy- did you look at the mecoa/k&b websight? the exp. views show same case, p/s, con. rod & crank. parts list shows diff. con. rod.? i`m not positive, but i`ll bet these 2 eng. head assy. are int. just my opinion. maybe someone else has been there/ done that. CARTER

I have a K&B 7.5 Pro Red Head outboard that I would like to convert to water cooled. Anybody know where I can find the parts to do this? Is it as easy as buying the semi pro head or do I need the super pro head? Anyone have a used head that will fit this motor?
Thanks, JOhn SMith

[email protected]
You might want to contact IW member Jerry Wyss. Jerry has done such conversions on other engines and has alot of experience. He may be able to give some helpful advice.

Thanks, JOhn SMith

[email protected]
You might want to contact IW member Jerry Wyss. Jerry has done such conversions on other engines and has alot of experience. He may be able to give some helpful advice.
I had a buddy do a couple air cooled conversions,he took all but 3 fins off the air cooled head and then added a plain 8701 water head to the back of it. I think he had to enlarge the water cooled head holes but it worked great

Just order the semi pro head and jacket. It will bolt right up to the Pro. Here are the part #11-4821, 11-4822.

Mike

Why are you switching? Are you trying to run a pipe? If you are just going to run it with water cooling, you will not see any performance gain. Maybe a little loss.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you switching? Are you trying to run a pipe? If you are just going to run it with water cooling, you will not see any performance gain. Maybe a little loss.Mike
I'm running a pipe on a HTB-360 and when I turn sharp corner there is a spray that hits the air cool head. Head cools quickly and it causes the boat to fall off the pipe until it builds more heat. Wet air cooled heads are not happy...at least I think this is what is wrong with my setup

Back