CMB 45 RS reverse rotation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelys

Hi

Is there a simple way to reverse rotation on a CMB 45 RS gear version, to be able to use this engine on direct drive.

Jan Erik

Not an authority on nitro engines by any means but I want to think it is the intake disc/rotor/drum whatever the induction is on that engine and have that replaced with one timed in the opposite direction.

I know the the cranks are different because of different front design and they have different part no.

However the part no. for the the disc seems to be the same.

I have never had a close look at the engine, but could it be as simple as turning the disc around, front/ back or is it the engagement on the cranks that are different?

Jan Erik

I know the the cranks are different because of different front design and they have different part no.

However the part no. for the the disc seems to be the same.

I have never had a close look at the engine, but could it be as simple as turning the disc around, front/ back or is it the engagement on the cranks that are different?

Jan Erik
Disk might be the same but will at a minimum need a different crank. The disk can not be turned over as it will bind up on the backplate

It is a bit hard to see and in Italian.

CMB%2045%20rs%20direct.png

CMB%2045%20rs%20gear%20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's for the info guys.

When, which year, did the RS get the new bigger crank pin?

I took the easier, cheaper and more practical way out and got hold of a 45 RS direct drive instead.

I think the difference between the two cranks is the angular poisition of the machined connection to the disc. I would have thought it had been simpler to make the change on the disc, but there may be more to it.

Latest posts

Back