CMB 1.01 Tuning Tips

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.........try a larger prop just to eliminate that as tested.
2 Ltrs is just over 2 Quarts....................4 ltrs is what we are saying. Is the sleeve ABC (Brass) If it is you have not come CLOSE. Not on 25%. PATIENCE!!!!!

If you have not put 4-6 ltrs through that motor yet. The motor is not ready.
Its propaly had around 8ltrs run through it in total. I will post some pics on here tonight when I get home. I have tryed some bigger props and it just bogs down.

step up in prop size , you can run the propshop 6717, 6518 6719, octura 1475 1667 , 1662 with add pitch, ABC- 67-114, h-38with add pitch, h-31,h-45 ,h-48, h-50. get with mark sholund on here and he will do you right on props. plus all the guys that answered your post is big engine runners.

Well I ran another 2 ltrs of fuel through my 1.01 again to day still with no luck. I increased my brass pipes in the tank to 5/32 and ran some new large silicon fuel tube. I tryed a differnt fuel filter a differnt remote need valve and srewed my mixtures round from 2 turns rite out to 5. Just about tried every thing except for a new engine. The way this engine is running my seducer mono with a 7.5cc ops would absolutely leave it for dead.
Troy......remove the fuel filter. You should not need it if you filter the fuel coming out of the jug. Also, check the tank for leaks.

Fuel filters are not whats causing this deal I'm sure . BTW I wouldn't run without one, they are a maintenance item but they sure as hell prevent more headaches then they could ever create .

I am trying to isolate any problems Mr. Troy is having. Whether you or he runs a filter or not is not the question. That is a personal choice.

Maybe the intake rotor is in backwards
The Intake rotor only fits one way...... The RS101 has a Renforced center section on the disk thats rides on the crank pin..... it only fits towards the engine block.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you should step up the nitro 25% will just get it warm there is no need to stress that you might have a melt down. a good starting point is 50%

also check if your buying permixed fuel from your local hobbie shop they might be adding to much oil. if your mixing yourself grow some balls do you remember when you were a kid droping nuts and bolts down the carb of a lawn mower. these motors are made to run the italians craft a great engine loosen up and stop getting frustrated. oh and one more thing check your back pressure line for small holes.

hope i can help

example of a good old faction melt down on a full scale boat

500cube twin turbo race craft hull 115mph with 2 skiers

problem oil lines were not tightened

the smallest problems cause the bigest problems

I have been watching all of these post on the problems. Here is what I think is wrong.

1 This is a glass boat and I question how sharp and flat is the running pads on this boat.

Glass boat are known for not having sharp running surfaces. And this alone will hold a boat back if they are really

bad off. For a prop I would try a X467 to get things worked out.

2 The main reason! Troy your low speed needle is too tite or screw in to lean. You said that by changing the main needle

2 turns that nothing changed. Most all of us big motor runners do not run a low speed needle. We screw them out,

cut them off and screw them back in. I do not run any low speed neddles on any motor. All it does is create problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back