Chucky GT ONE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the ol' book face. I stay off that one for my mental health.
Awesome for the GPSSpeedrun.com site, I really enjoy it and will be pushing for some higher speeds in the upcoming weeks.
I appreciate you guys running that site!
its alot of fun seeing all the runs an boats pushed hard!
I have been running the boat alot lately and nothing setup wise was making it stop porposing. untill i last nigth decided the only thing left to do was check if the hull was true - it wasent, so i wetsanded the highspots and got my first actual level run at the very end of my test session.
81 kph on dead batteries while hitting voltage cutoff
IMG20230909215859.jpgIMG20230909215906.jpg

I have been running the boat alot lately and nothing setup wise was making it stop porposing. untill i last nigth decided the only thing left to do was check if the hull was true - it wasent, so i wetsanded the highspots and got my first actual level run at the very end of my test session.
81 kph on dead batteries while hitting voltage cutoff
View attachment 319830View attachment 319831
Looks like it could still use a bit more sanding, but I'm happy to hear you got it running better now!
That is always a great moment when the boat starts running the way it should. Now you can focus on the other aspects and get it going faster :cool:

When will you get to run it, and crank it up?!
I'm anxious to see what this year's competition looks like. Any idea if Ralph plans to run his Mono again this year?

i plan to run it on the 23 for a local oval race and i should get the new batteries then, so i gotta get it sorted for ovals and then i can go chase speed on proper batteries.
Ralf Moser? no idear he is not very active in any of the fora im on- but he usually has something to run for the Munich SAW event

i plan to run it on the 23 for a local oval race and i should get the new batteries then, so i gotta get it sorted for ovals and then i can go chase speed on proper batteries.
Ralf Moser? no idear he is not very active in any of the fora im on- but he usually has something to run for the Munich SAW event

Understood and sounds like a good plan.

Yes, showing how new I am. Ralf (not Ralph). He is certainly the heavy hitter in Mono speed runs.

well s*** the local race was a great event, exept for me.. i crashed my old big chunky on to land when the servo stuck, it ran full throttle on to land, so the prop is dead, stinger is cooked and the rudder is a lil dented..

the GT ONE was better until it wasent, it ran fine but i could only do 30-40% throttle before the boat would just try to fly away.
we got a fair bit of battery testing done with the new onyx 6600 packs, and most of the CNHL line up.
i tried to get more speed out of the boat with diffrent changes and it just got worse, propped it down and still just 40% throttle and it would try to fly.
so im at a loss with this boat, it does not want to work.

Sorry to hear it didn't run very well. Is there any way you can re-position the battery trays further forward?
That seems to be what my boat likes.

Too bad to hear Peter 😬. I've seen your boat in Emil's video. It looked like a great event, but you had some bad luck!
thank you, its a great event lots of good people and intense racing
Sorry to hear it didn't run very well. Is there any way you can re-position the battery trays further forward?
That seems to be what my boat likes.
after talking with a few people it seems like moving the batteries forward like Libertyfrancis suggested is the way forward

so i got in to Fusion 360 and made a adjustable battery tray that could fit the onyx 6600 4s packs where i had the esc mounted and forcing the esc to fit in besides the motor mount on the rigth side. the best part is that nothing i have done is permanent so if its not working i can easily go back.IMG20230927175851.jpg
IMG20230927175859.jpg
its a mess to look at but if it works i can fix how it looks after

well that did not change anything really, tried moving the batts back from where they are in the picure above and that only made it bounce more so thats not what it needs.
going to try moving the batteries further forward next time out, i had to cut out alot of the flotation foam to make room for the batteries, i dont love that but it can be fixed later

Set CG 28-30% start there.
Is that the same hull as the yellow one? you may want to remove all that bulky hardware from the transom..
That long strut on a small hull (acts as a lever)can force your hull to blow over, I believe.

Set CG 28-30% start there.
Is that the same hull as the yellow one? you may want to remove all that bulky hardware from the transom..
That long strut on a small hull (acts as a lever)can force your hull to blow over, I believe.
I built the boat around a 28% cg it just wants to hop, no matter the settings on the strut, trimtabs, or without trimtabs. moving the batteries forward has given some improvement, but we will see how it runs next time out with them as far forward as possible.

FINALLY!!
i have been on the strugglebus trying to get the boat to run rigth and i finally got it figured out.
the list of changes and ilterations is so long that i will just skip that and show what ended up working

the trimtabs got chopped to 44mm.
IMG20231112121614.jpg
i swapped the TFL stinger to a RCMK strut shortening the distance from transome to drivedog by 35mm, along with that i removed the floodtube for a short stuffing tube just held in place with Tec7. The driveline angles are horrible but it works.
IMG20231112121641.jpg
rudder bracket was redesigned to move the rudder up by 7mm
ESC and batteries have been moved around to get a CG at 33%
IMG20231111135358.jpg
and now it runs nicely, 96 kph on 20volts hitting LVC
Screenshot_2023-11-11-13-48-27-36_676ed82884602cb31ecd492a1fffe017.jpg

A huge thank you to all the people who have helped me get this thing figured out, especially Liberty Francis for keeping me motivated
i hope to get some runs in on 8s shortly and then its time to start building the next boat

Attachments

• IMG20231112121619.jpg
    IMG20231112121619.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
i just did a run on 8s and got 99kph but the river conditions and my nerves where not up for more than that today.

next project is a Kulz kustom fountain 115 on 12s

FINALLY!!
i have been on the strugglebus trying to get the boat to run rigth and i finally got it figured out.
the list of changes and ilterations is so long that i will just skip that and show what ended up working

the trimtabs got chopped to 44mm.
View attachment 321488
i swapped the TFL stinger to a RCMK strut shortening the distance from transome to drivedog by 35mm, along with that i removed the floodtube for a short stuffing tube just held in place with Tec7. The driveline angles are horrible but it works.
View attachment 321486
rudder bracket was redesigned to move the rudder up by 7mm
ESC and batteries have been moved around to get a CG at 33%
View attachment 321489
and now it runs nicely, 96 kph on 20volts hitting LVC
View attachment 321490

A huge thank you to all the people who have helped me get this thing figured out, especially Liberty Francis for keeping me motivated
i hope to get some runs in on 8s shortly and then its time to start building the next boat

I think you had the motivation to get it right on your own, but really happy to hear you got it running correctly.
Anxious to see what sort of speeds you can get out of it.

Back