Chris Chianelli RIP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian-lepinski

Chris Chianelli is a radio control expert, TV personality and host of The Radio Control Show. This new show from Air Age Media is broadcast bi-weekly on www.rccaraction.com and www.modelairplanenews.com and covers all aspects of R/C cars, boats, planes and helis, with information ranging from the basics of R/C to tips for the most seasoned pros.

Chianelli also serves as editor-at-large for Model Airplane News magazine and hosts a Model Airplane News blog.

Chianelli became a household name among R/C enthusiasts during the six years he spent as the irreverent host of DIY Network’s Radio Control Hobbies, Workin’ on the Railroad and Robot Rivals television shows.

Since 1982, Chianelli has been a frequent contributor to the industry's top-rated R/C magazines, including Model Airplane News, Radio Control Car Action, Backyard Flyer, Radio Control Helicopter, and Radio Control Boat Modeler, all published by Air Age Media.

Chianelli’s experience also includes stints as creative director for R/C manufacturer Megatech International, which marketed a line of ready-to-fly R/C aircraft with Chianelli’s name and caricature on them, and as a writer for Hobby Merchandiser, a hobby shop industry magazine.

His love of modeling began in early childhood with toy trains and slot cars. He bought a used aircraft radio in 1971 and has said, "Ever since that fateful purchase, I've never had a boring moment in my life. So many models, so little time."

Chianelli is also a fan of full-scale cars and is often photographed in his Excalibur Series III.

Sadly, on January 20, 2009, it has been reported on many popular RC forums that Chris Chianelli passed away in his sleep of a cause unknown at the time.

Ah what a shame .. not just the other day I watched one of his online shows.
is that the guy wearing those sunvisors all the time.. cool guy and a good person that could explain things to people.. bummer he will be missed.

terminator

HEY CHRIS,

GOD SPEED, AND MAY YOU ALWAYS BE SMILING DOWN ON ALL YOUR FELLOW MODELERS WHO WILL MISS YOU VERY MUCH!

MIKIEHOTROD.

Well, that makes two modelers that I know who passed this week. So sad. I have been a fan of Chris's for a long time. Godspeed to him and condolences to his family.

Wow.. just did an interview with him not all that long ago..

RIP Chris.. thanks for making the hobby fun for many others.

Grim

I remember seeing his name in the magazines when I was a kid... That stinks. RIP.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Back