Can't get my engine running right

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who makes a good cordless starter, and how much is it? The pull start is nice as it is one less thing to carry down to the lake, but I would give it up, if I find an easy solution.

eric, i'm not so sure i'd trust aluminum foil to work very well or long under actual running conditions - i.e. on the lake. go to a REAL hardware store or machine shop & get some brass shim stock. it is available very thin, a foil like what you are using now. but the brass will hold up to heat & wear MUCH better. but i agree with greg, remove the pull start, best option imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
The aluminum foil only has to last until my replacement engine shows up in the mail. After that I plan to machine my own support shaft over the winter. I can then true up the existing bushing as well.

You could be sucking water in to your engine.Check your boom tube holes,make sure they are covered and also if you dont have a place for the water to drain out of the engine and fuel area you will suck up the retaining water.

You could be sucking water in to your engine.Check your boom tube holes,make sure they are covered and also if you dont have a place for the water to drain out of the engine and fuel area you will suck up the retaining water.
Although this is good advice, there is not a whole lot of water on my test bench for the boat to suck up, let alone through the boom tube holes.

I did build a drain into the outside rear corner of the engine compartment. When the boat comes up on plane all the water dumps out. On the test bench the water drains out of this hole just as well.

Back