Canard D hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see what i found
default_biggrin.png

wayne

i tried both a 3.5 K&B and a 7.5 K&B OB ..... but the 7.5 was a little overpowered for the MRP Canard and with that MR. Boats Canard ( a modified MRP Hull made of epoxy) i won the second place of the 3,5 cc hydro class at the NAVIGA world championship back in 1986 in Italy .

I for the life if me cannot undersand why somebody has not yet taken a JAE and made a canard out of it..

Grim

I have been kicking around the canard Idea for the last 7 or 8 years....I even have a .45 size half built that I started on in 2008.

When I get all my fires put out, I think I will pick up on that project again.

I have been kicking around the canard Idea for the last 7 or 8 years....I even have a .45 size half built that I started on in 2008.

When I get all my fires put out, I think I will pick up on that project again.
Get it going
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I for the life if me cannot undersand why somebody has not yet taken a JAE and made a canard out of it..

Grim
Hi Guys

here is a drawing from the 90' that i found. Carl Cisneros ( Carlnoki) built a 7.5 Water Spider backwards and handed me his drawings when he left Germany ( thxs again Carl for all the help back in those days).Since i saw the first canard running i was fascinated about those types of hulls.

Alex

Canard_Water_Spider.pdf

Attachments

• Canard_Water_Spider.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 255
What is the different's from the Dagger canard, the ED Fisher, or the Bruce Gains Canards? Any body know

I have been working on a canard design for some time now. I think the canards all have a common issue that I hope to solve with this design. Of course I am a little back logged with things at the moment and the design is just sitting there about 98% complete in my computer but as far as the concept goes I have it worked out and feel good about it. I think that if built right, the canard has a lot more potential than the past canard designs had to offer. I have seen some good ones run like Larry's. It was hooked up every time.

I am of course talking about an outboard canard here. Nothing against the inboard guys...I just like outboards even though they are not as fast.

-Carl

Alex

I remember you at Ostiglia Italy at the World Champs that week.

You did great there.

I would up 5th place in 15cc Hydro due to the low speed needle assembly falling off the CMB slide carb back then.

The motor went dead lean and shut off. LOL

I do a few more canards that way but changed the front sponson and rear sponson bottoms for very much improved

turning.

Hope all is well with you and the family and tell your mom and dad I said Hello.

Carl

Hey Carl

ohhhh yes we had alot of fun back in the days and im still on the way to get back into the hobby here in Southern California.

Will call you later this week

Alex

@ carl

Me and my family moved last year to Los Angeles , cause i'm working on a german/american project (NASA 747SP SOFIA)..

That's why i'm in Socal for the next couple years
default_smile.png

Alex

Back