Can AA 45 engine parts go in a Mac 45?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBlaster

Can you use parts from AA45 motors and put them in MAC 45 blue head. I'm looking to change some parts out and just wanted to see.

Can you use parts from AA45 motors and put them in MAC 45 blue head. I'm looking to change some parts out and just wanted to see.
What parts? the head button fits, but it is lower so you have to use a spacer washer or the mac water jacket wont work, it hits the case before it tightens up on the head.

The piston is the biggest thing I'm looking for. There a little pitting on the piston top, it's not a big deal but was thinking about replacing it. I thought I seen something about AA are swapable with Mac.

The piston is the biggest thing I'm looking for. There a little pitting on the piston top, it's not a big deal but was thinking about replacing it. I thought I seen something about AA are swapable with Mac.
Well i would run it and see how the power is. You can lightly sand any pitting from the head and piston. Hows the bearings? You should get the piston and cylinder set and a head with water jacket to match.

The bearing are new, I asked the fellow how it ran and it ran good. I'll try running it first, then go fro there. I have 2 Mac 45 and it's good to know the AA parts will fit. It's a back up motor right now.

I replaced the AA piston & cylinder on my Mac 45. The primary problem I ran into was the AA head button I purchased was thinner than the orginal mac head button. I used the Mac 45 head button on the AA P/C and it worked fine. It would have taken some time to find the right spacer to get AA head button to work and then you still run the risk of it spining when you tighten the plug. In summary, to much of a gap between the AA head button & Mac 45 cooling head. I still have the new AA head button laying around if someone wants to purchase it for the AA 45 motor.

Just check your squish as well, I can not remember if it changed when I installed the AA P/C.

Brad

Here is the washer that I used on the AA head so it works with the mac cooling cap. I found it at a Menards store it was flat and fit the AA head ok. It is steel so the outside edge is exposed to the water so use some wd40 to flush out the head so it dont rust.

Old mac head on the left and new AA head on the right.

DSC00668 (1024x768).jpgDSC00670 (1024x768).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bad thing about the AA P/L in a MAC case is part of the exhaust port is covered due to exhaust port of the case not being large enough. I have a MAC that's all opened up and am going to try it if this snow ever melts. Ran the MAC button in it last year. They don't pull a lot of prop but the revs make up for it.

Back