Calling all Outboarders! Check out the New Novarossi 67 TO-BE Outboard Engine Post in the Manufactur

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have 2 of the pre-sale 67 OB engines in stock. After these are gone, normal price going forward. On these two engines only, I will extend $50 off the website price. Just send an email to sales@novarossi.us if interested and I will provide you with a discount code to use at checkout. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little bit milling then we are good to go

It is a lot bigger than its smaller brothers
Joern,

I sent the metric mounting screws with your order. All you need to do is drill out the existing 6/32 threaded mounting holes on the 7.5 lower to accommodate the 4mm screws and you will be good to go. Some of the lowers were not machined out quite enough to completely clear the 90 degree header. You may need to mill a small amount in that area of the lower in a half moon shape and you should be good to go. I should have the new 67 outboard pipes around the 1st of Sept. Stay tuned....

Wondering if it is worth trying this pipe, comes from one of my K&B's, don't know what brand it is though

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
Wondering if it is worth trying this pipe, comes from one of my K&B's, don't know what brand it is though
Joern,

You have to be really careful using the Cooper pipes on the larger engines as the additional back pressure tends to make the 67 and 91's run very hot. You need to get that heat out!!! Nitro pipes with "no resistance" stinger mufflers, or the free flowing carbon pipes work much better for these larger engines. If you could carefully remove the muffler can from that pipe, and add a stinger muffler, you might be onto something!!!...
default_wink.png
Make sure it is a 67 size pipe first!!

Yep, that's an Irwin quiet pipe, the 67/82 version.

Not sure what the stinger size is, but they do make a lot of pipe pressure compared to the HTB pipe, indicating the outlet is very restricted.

Joern,

You have to be really careful using the Cooper pipes on the larger engines as the additional back pressure tends to make the 67 and 91's run very hot. You need to get that heat out!!! Nitro pipes with "no resistance" stinger mufflers, or the free flowing carbon pipes work much better for these larger engines. If you could carefully remove the muffler can from that pipe, and add a stinger muffler, you might be onto something!!!...
default_wink.png
Ok, then I know what brand this is. Yes, it is for 67 for sure. Actually I have 2 of this pipe, except the other one is a few mm shorter...

I`ll probably try it out and see how it works. Just ordered a pipe from Joe, with a stinger muffler. And I sent a request to Jeremy Wooster in case he want to make a 67 pipe now when the Nova came on the market.

I opened the engine yesterday, and by the first view it looks like a nice engine.

Will be interesting to see how it performs on 25% nitro.

Joern,

default_wink.png
Ok, then I know what brand this is. Yes, it is for 67 for sure. Actually I have 2 of this pipe, except the other one is a few mm shorter...I`ll probably try it out and see how it works. Just ordered a pipe from Joe, with a stinger muffler. And I sent a request to Jeremy Wooster in case he want to make a 67 pipe now when the Nova came on the market.

I opened the engine yesterday, and by the first view it looks like a nice engine.

Will be interesting to see how it performs on 25% nitro.
Joern,Jeremy is presently working on a 67 carbon version of his pipe for this new outboard engine. These pioes I have found work the best on all outboard size engines and will be the same for the 67. I invested in a large "lot" of initial pipes to get him to make the investment to take on this project. I should have the initial pipe order around the first of Sept and will carry them in stock just like I do for the other size engines. They will be in stock soon.

Out of curiosity, how is the flywheel fastened?
Brad,The initial design utilizes the same crankshaft as the 67DD. To make this possible, Nova designed a screw-on flywheel that tightens as the engine is cranked and is further secured with lock-tight. As this class continues to grow and volume supports further design changes, a completely new outboard only crank design will be considered. Keeping the number of additional parts required to create this engine utilizing existing 67 DD parts is what helped us bring this new 67 OB to market, ( only needed flywheel, PTO housing, and OB PTO shaft). This design also opens up many other possibilities. Could retrofitting some of the newly designed 67 OB parts to use on the 91 DD help create a 91 OB as well??????.......
default_smile.png
You have to love this hobby!!!!

Out of curiosity, how much and what kind of oil do you guys use in your fuel when used on the different NR engines?

I`m normally using 10% synth / 5% castor on all my engines. Sometimes little more castor on the .21`s

Joern,

That is a great mix. 15% Lubrication is perfect. That relates to about 19 oz of synthetic and 6 oz of castor per gallon. For the math....

83 oz Nitro

20 oz Methanol

19 oz Synthetic

6 oz Castor

128 oz- 1 Gallon Racing Fuel

Back