Building a Zippkits G30!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Havent built a tunnel in many a year, soooo i thought id build a G30! The Sport 20 Out board nitro class is weak here in Florida, so i thought id build one for the class! Really nice kit Joe! Great job as always! Gonna hang an O.S. Max on it........! Not a K&B LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Hey Bill nice build! You'll like it, I built 2 one for myself and the other for a friend. going to try to make it Colorado nat's this year.

Brad
Hey Brad how are you doing????? Good i hope ol buddy!! Im having fun building it so far! I hope you get to make it to the Colorado Nats for sure! And im glad to hear that you are still building my friend!

Hi, Bill Gibson:
Havent built a tunnel in many a year, soooo i thought id build a G30! The Sport 20 Out board nitro class is weak here in Florida, so i thought id build one for the class! Really nice kit Joe! Great job as always! Gonna hang an O.S. Max on it........! Not a K&B LOL!
I like how you are approaching the construction of the Kit. I will follow you very closely... I hope to learn a lot.

In Vegas again well that's interesting! Yes Bill still building for peopls and getting to some of my boats too. Feeling a bit better after the new heart valve. Zipp kits are a great easy building kit at a good price!

Brad

Last edited:
In Vegas again well that's interesting! Yes Bill still building for peopls and getting to some of my boats too. Feeling a bit better after the new heart valve. Zipp kits are a great easy building kit at a good price!

Brad
Brad,
You going to sweet talk the wife into coming down to see us again. That would be awesome.
Mike

Had a major set back with the build with my wife and i getting a nasty case of Covid for over a week and we are better but still not 100%! So the center section (fuselage) is built and so are the sponsions and i glued them all together with slow set epoxy! I also added the sponsion tips, front nosepiece, and glued the radio box lid onto the top of the box and sealed it! This kit is a joy to build and very straight forward! Just follow the instructions!

Attachments

• IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2387.JPG
    IMG_2387.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Hey Bill nice build , now for some paint. Hope you and your wife are felling better. You don't sand all that char offbefore you put it together?
I just se some #120 and clean it off that way you don't leave finger prints all over, at least in my case. Take care and hope to see you in Vegas.

Brad

Latest posts

Back