Blue Oval Sweeps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time they found all the nuts and didn't leave any at all for the squirrels wearing bowties:cool:! Across the board those Roush/Yates motors made for great grunt off the corners and handling down the straights.

I don't know Mike. I know one thing and that's that the truck series guys need to clean up how they race. Ridiculous just dumping anyone that gets in your way. I ran what was known as the Super Stock class back in the 70's. Retired steel bodies Winston West cars but with a 5 liter displacement limit, 11 to 1 compression ratio and using the Holly 500 cfm 2 barrel carbs and cast iron factory exhaust headers. If I tore my stuff up I had to fix it, and so did everyone else in the class, so it taught driver's to race as clean as possible. Also a lot less fist fights in the pits. In the truck series it seems the driver's attitudes is that tearing up a bunch of really expensive equipment is okay. That's what happens when you don't have to repair (and pay for) the stuff you are tearing up. NASCAR needs to do something or this series will become a joke. If I was a NASCAR owner I would be looking to the ARCA series very closely for new talent.

They are bringing up Carson Hocevar from the truck series straight to Cup and I wasn't buying that drama of him being so upset after dumping Cory Heim last Saturday out of the championship contention when he perfectly well knows that there's a camera in his face. I watched him at the last Martinsville Cup race purposely hook and dump another car into the wall and I think it was Ryan Newman who is definitely not a driver to get on the wrong side of. Even Dale Jr. said during the broadcast that he won't last long in Cup pulling that crap and he needs to knock it off. Martin Truex is on here and as a senior driver maybe he can teach this guy some manners because this wrecking people on purpose is BS and poor entertainment to boot. We watch these guys for their skills as race car drivers, not bulldozer operators. This Hocevar kid needs to watch some Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Jarret, Martin Truex and Mark Martin videos to see how it's supposed to be done.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure the trucks are running spec Ilmor engines. I think they're based on a GM design. At any rate, I was pleased with each series' outcome. Great weekend for Ford.

The truck race was straight-up embarrassing to the discipline of auto racing. Hell, even NASCAR itself was shitting on the series. When the owner of the winning team in the next series up mentions the ****-show in a post-race interview...yes, it is bad. If a NASCAR official has to bring up how NOT to race in a pre-race meeting...yes, it is bad. That race was so bad, particularly since it was the last race of the season, it will leave a "truck series is a joke" kind of taste in everyone's mouth for a long time. Daytona isn't next week....

I'm not sure if ARCA teams/driver are an answer. They're not much better, but they are the next "feeder series" ; I would probably look at CARS series teams, or other late model touring series. Guys with blood, sweat and tears in their cars, like you said. Maybe look to a series not aligned with NASCAR corporate. I saw where Frankie Muniz will have an Xfinity ride next season, with some ARCA events as well. I wonder if this, skipping the seemingly troubled truck series, will become the norm. Maybe it is all circumstance, but the Craftsman Truck Series sure seems like a good place for a rich kid to tear up your stuff.

Interesting stuff.

-Joey

They had a choice on the Ilmor or the brand with more weight last I heard. The Ilmor seems like it's cost effective and reliable.

This time they found all the nuts and didn't leave any at all for the squirrels wearing bowties:cool:! Across the board those Roush/Yates motors made for great grunt off the corners and handling down the straights.
And who is the winningest brand in the history of NASCAR, more than double of the rest, combined???....by the way, that old R07 STILL pulls harder on the dyno than that junk from Dearborn....hell, Furd even circled the problem for ya!

Back