bigger nitro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like where this thread is headed...
default_cool.png

Nice pics, guys. Good ideas, tips and stories too.

-Joey

who made the motor mount brackets that bolted up to the lawless lower unit ??? thanks.....bob

Sounds good!
default_smile.png
I want to see that 91 go through the corner. I am sure It will be angry coming off the turns. Maybe a 40-42 inch hull would settle it down enough to get it around the track.

Sounds fun to me.

-Carl
I think Shane Adderly will tell you different Carl. Your 34" Hornet with his Mac .84 handles that power just fine.
default_wink.png
I think we had to do everything we could to pry that radio out of Stan's hands so we could give it back to Shane when he ran it at the Herb race last year. Lol. Maybe Shane can chime in and post a pic.

The main issue for the larger .67-.91 outboards to survive outside of a motor being produced is the same issue for the .21-.45s, pipe selection. There aren't any manufacturers anymore. You think you could talk to Nova Rossi about that Ron? With the only other competitor being SPP, they could have a significant monopoly on the market if they could come up with something competitive with the Irwin and SPP brands.

-Jr
Shane's "BIG RED" MAC 84 was one of the smoothest,easiest boats I have driving. "EVER"... Like he said,drive her WFO.

I think mark hopper was making tuned pipes for the 67 k/b outboard , maybe he might be willing to make larger ob pipes ....bob

Novarossi makes a real sweet .61 airplane motor. It sells online for about $229.00. I would like to make an outboard conversion for it. So here's the deal. If someone sends me a brand new motor, so I can draw the crankshaft and PTO, I will make them a complete conversion for free! Call me and we will talk about it (260)409-0618

bob , would the finished converted motor start by a cone start or a belt start , also in your opinion would the converted motor be more powerful than a k/b 67 outboard ???bob

Sounds good!
default_smile.png
I want to see that 91 go through the corner. I am sure It will be angry coming off the turns. Maybe a 40-42 inch hull would settle it down enough to get it around the track.

Sounds fun to me.

-Carl
I think Shane Adderly will tell you different Carl. Your 34" Hornet with his Mac .84 handles that power just fine.
default_wink.png
I think we had to do everything we could to pry that radio out of Stan's hands so we could give it back to Shane when he ran it at the Herb race last year. Lol. Maybe Shane can chime in and post a pic.

The main issue for the larger .67-.91 outboards to survive outside of a motor being produced is the same issue for the .21-.45s, pipe selection. There aren't any manufacturers anymore. You think you could talk to Nova Rossi about that Ron? With the only other competitor being SPP, they could have a significant monopoly on the market if they could come up with something competitive with the Irwin and SPP brands.

-Jr
Shane's "BIG RED" MAC 84 was one of the smoothest,easiest boats I have driving. "EVER"... Like he said,drive her WFO.
I have a THOR 355 laser kit that should hit close to that setup size if you would like to try that. The 355 does well with the Mod-40 & Q classes. I was thinking about building one more kit this winter that would fall somewhere between the 470 and the 355. It will most likely hit in the middle there somewhere just to see how it stacks up. It would require building another cowling master and mold because the next size cowling I have above the 355 is the 470 and it is way too large for a boat that size. -Carl

Have you seen John otto's .45 outboard? Imagine that with two motors. I am making some conversions too

I've been sitting on a rainy day looking at my lawless gas and thinking ops90 blackhead. The header flange is the same as a zenoeh so rigging a header would be easy .and as far as inexpensive current kit just a illusion zippkit

When getting into the 90 thru 101 motors i would think use the 1/4 flex gas drive .since you could spin gas sized props

At one time Ron Shaw had a 1.01 nitro ob. He had an adapter custom made, don't remember what lower he used. Still have it, Ron? Share some pics & info (-; ! An airplane style mount, the ring on the mount drilled to match the lower, the 2 beams long enough for a collet to fit in between engine & lower, normal flywheel for a belt. Disc or drum, carb on top. The basic idea is not limited by engine size, a CMB beta or NR dd .21 could be an outboard this way (-; Plus, the ex. points down, so normal ob headers will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back