big block nitro racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plenty of races out there already for a full set of classes.

What I think is being proposed is a nitro race for the fasts boats to compete together with out all the classes.

Separating twins from singles will keep the weight differences separate as to the water conditions.

If you have a sport or scale boat that will run 80mph in race water bring it.

It would be the fasts boats competing agents one and other.

There are many .45 and .67 boats that can race at this speed with the .80,.91,1.01 single boats.

Many I have talked to over time do not go to races as thy don't want to sit all day just to run there boat only 4 times in two days.

I think what he is proposing is the big dog race.

I think there are plenty out there that would love to be the top dog.

There could be a series made out of this for the top dogs. More than one race in one place.

This might be the ticket for nitro racings future.
"I think what he is proposing is the big dog race."

YES! A BIG DOG race. There are plenty of races that offer all of the other classes. The IMPBA Internats and Hobart had a great turnout of sport hydros and Scales.

Joe Warren, Jeremy already put on a Nitro only race. It was Well promoted nearly a full year in advance of the race date.

I have more than two Boats..And Any two boats will not cover.... Monos, with monos, Singles with singles, Twins with Twins. Not leaving home for two boats in two classes. Oh..and we all know there is NO Rolex on the table...
default_wink.png
default_ph34r.png

this sounds like a good time........
default_biggrin.png
default_cool.png
location is definitely key tho...
Huntsville, Ala. would be a great location. Central to a large number of racers, large pond, great drivers stands and pit area, good location for lodging and food. The IMPBA Internats was hosted there many times for those reasons.

Maybe stretch the course. Plenty of room at Huntsville. 400' straights and 45' or 50' radius turns. 5 laps. We could possibly see some 100 mph race boats.
default_smile.png

Huntsville has a regular race in MAY? This BIG BLOCK race could be held the following weekend. The long distance travelers could come to town for both races.

The entire event could be dubbed 'Huntsville Speed Week'. The city of Huntsville does welcome r/c boat racers and like to see many events held at this facility that they built some 30 years ago, just for r/c boat racers.

And not to put it on the back of the Huntsville club, Jeremy and a group of others could organize, manage and run the Big Block portion of this Huntsville Speed Week event.

The double weekend 'Speed Week' event could draw some of our Australian and European friends.
default_smile.png

It all sounds exciting to me!...and it sounds like the possibility of winning a Rolex has garnered some attention too!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Question If the rigger broke or cracked so can use another rigger " Back up " same size engine ? Will be allow run race ?

Question If the rigger broke or cracked so can use another rigger " Back up " same size engine ? Will be allow run race ?
I think that is a good idea.

It would keep the competition level high and the guys that traveled very long distance would not be sidelined because of a destroyed boat that may have been no fault of their own.

default_biggrin.png
default_cool.png
Huntsville, Ala. would be a great location. Central to a large number of racers, large pond, great drivers stands and pit area, good location for lodging and food. The IMPBA Internats was hosted there many times for those reasons.

Maybe stretch the course. Plenty of room at Huntsville. 400' straights and 45' or 50' radius turns. 5 laps. We could possibly see some 100 mph race boats.
default_smile.png

Huntsville has a regular race in MAY? This BIG BLOCK race could be held the following weekend. The long distance travelers could come to town for both races.

The entire event could be dubbed 'Huntsville Speed Week'. The city of Huntsville does welcome r/c boat racers and like to see many events held at this facility that they built some 30 years ago, just for r/c boat racers.

And not to put it on the back of the Huntsville club, Jeremy and a group of others could organize, manage and run the Big Block portion of this Huntsville Speed Week event.

The double weekend 'Speed Week' event could draw some of our Australian and European friends.
default_smile.png

It all sounds exciting to me!...and it sounds like the possibility of winning a Rolex has garnered some attention too!
default_smile.png
X-2...Great lake for racing(location),Great time of year,Great idea. It would be nice if everybody could get together and make it happen.

Need to be specific on the Nitro Twin Class or you will end up with Twin Mono's and Cat's. "Twin Nitro Rigger"

I don't have a dog (boat) in the hunt, but if this were held at HSV, I would for sure be there to spectate!

-Joey

Need to be specific on the Nitro Twin Class or you will end up with Twin Mono's and Cat's. "Twin Nitro Rigger"
Does anyone even have a Twin nitro mono or cat these days?

Oh, that's right!...Jerry C. does and he out runs Twin nitro riggers with it. Or I should say, he OUT DRIVES the racers with Twin Nitro riggers.

Hey Jerry! Borrow a Twin rigger so when you beat them their feelings won't be hurt so much.
default_smile.png

I already have a Rolex One more will not hurt
default_smile.png
:) But this sounds like fun. I will make a donation to the twin class.

Nails.
**** Shame you use your phone to tell time.. Bob put the other one on your other arm.. Wear 2 like a BOSS!!

That would be the whole point of a twin class to bring out some of those boats.

A twin cat would be a blast!!!

Jerry's twin .91 mono puts a hurting on the twin riggers LOL

This is what nitro needs open class to run what you brung.

Imagine some of the gas size boats with twin nitro power.

New ideas and fresh thinking is what nitro needs.

Not stuck in the mud old classes.

Even a single 1.01 cat is a blast to run from the ones I have seen.

A few years bake some on came to are pond with a cat it had a old OPS .80 in it.

That boat was a blast to run.

Open classes will give a place for those that have no place now.

Last edited by a moderator:

A few years bake some on came to are pond with a cat it had a old OPS .80 in it.

I dont Recall Jerry Winning In Atlanta with that Step Bottom Mono Racing in the Twin Hydro Class..??
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

David after you run all the Boat Spec classes. It is Fun to Mix it up with Unlimited Classes.......... Racing GAS Twin With Nitro Twins SUCK...
default_huh.png
I would rather see the club Have both Top 5 gas Twins Race each other & Top 5 Nitro Twins race each other. 2 entirely different class of boats. But Promote both classes & give boaters a reason to Built a boat like that to compete with the next year...

How would everyone feel about a race just for big block nitro's, single's and twins?

how many rounds would you like 3,4,5,6,?

Shoot out format with qualifying?

1st, 2nd, 3rd places or 1 winner takes all?

Tell us us your opinion?

Jeremy
Jeremy you key here is Location & Time of year. Most clubs are well into there Own race schedules by May - June. & the Nitro Nationals 2015 are in that time frame too.

How would everyone feel about a race just for big block nitro's, single's and twins?

how many rounds would you like 3,4,5,6,?

Shoot out format with qualifying?

1st, 2nd, 3rd places or 1 winner takes all?

Tell us us your opinion?

Jeremy
Jeremy you key here is Location & Time of year. Most clubs are well into there Own race schedules by May - June. & the Nitro Nationals 2015 are in that time frame too.
Nitro racing on the district level is waning. The 2014 Nitro Nationals was mostly a Scale and Sport 45 race and the 2013 Nitro Nationals had a very low turn out.

.21 &.45 classes are doing fair on a district level. The Big Block classes, not so well.

Bringing together Big Block racers from around the country would create a new and exciting level of competition that we have not had in well over a decade.

It's time to do something NEW!
default_smile.png

default_biggrin.png
default_cool.png
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png
. Years ago the Indy Club put on a Big Block and twin event before the regular Indy Unlimited. The entry fees for the Big Block and twin was used to provide a gift certificate at Tidewater. There was enough money to buy to 90 CMB's. That year I won them both and got 2 new 90 motors. Those that run twins and big blocks generally have plenty of trophies. Turning entry fees into gift certificate for merchandise or motors I think will generate attendance and interest.

default_biggrin.png
default_cool.png
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png
. Years ago the Indy Club put on a Big Block and twin event before the regular Indy Unlimited. The entry fees for the Big Block and twin was used to provide a gift certificate at Tidewater. There was enough money to buy to 90 CMB's. That year I won them both and got 2 new 90 motors. Those that run twins and big blocks generally have plenty of trophies. Turning entry fees into gift certificate for merchandise or motors I think will generate attendance and interest.
Yes, We are looking for a ROLEX now.
default_smile.png

This is a very interesting thread. And I like all that has been said. But there is a lot of talk and would the people come or is it all talk. I can discuss with my fellow club members it they would like to do this.

Andy can't you get some of the Miami guys to get the watch? I remember visiting there years ago and there were street vendors that had "Rolex" watches up their arms for a really cheap price? Saw some of the same watches on the street in New York once too.

John

Andy can't you get some of the Miami guys to get the watch? I remember visiting there years ago and there were street vendors that had "Rolex" watches up their arms for a really cheap price? Saw some of the same watches on the street in New York once too.

John
John,

Those were Roolex watches............. that you saw.

Back