Best Prop for Seaducer and VAC 91

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albert Araujo

Hey Guys,

I just got a 44" Seaducer for my son. I went with the VAC 91 and want to know what is the best prop you guys have tried on this set up. Boat comes with an X467. It runs OK but after running my Crapshooter riggers it seems slow. The engine does not seem to turn up that high.

Love my riggers and I am not much of a mono guy.

Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may need a v cut in that 467 . You will likely need to step down from your typical rigger prop diameter as monos put more load on the motor. You may need to look at you pipe length too.

You may need a v cut in that 467 . You will likely need to step down from your typical rigger prop diameter as monos put more load on the motor. You may need to look at you pipe length too.
Actually most riggers use the same diameter or even a smaller prop diameter than a Seaducer with the same engine.

Albert, did you get your twin back together? Call me about the props for it.

Actually most riggers use the same diameter or even a smaller prop diameter than a Seaducer with the same engine.

Albert, did you get your twin back together? Call me about the props for it.
I never knew that Andy, thanks you for the info as well. In FE you will typically see more load with the same prop on a mono at least I have anyway. like they say when you assume........

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I just got a 44" Seaducer for my son. I went with the VAC 91 and want to know what is the best prop you guys have tried on this set up. Boat comes with an X467. It runs OK but after running my Crapshooter riggers it seems slow. The engine does not seem to turn up that high.

Albert.
Albert , it will take some time for that engine to come into it's own as well . The monos always seem slower because of the way they need to be trimmed to survive heat racing water and also because they are !! When you test your Seaducer on calm water it will appear to be glued to the water but you must resist the urge to free it up or you will have problems in the war zone that is X - Mono . Tell your son "Welcome to the Jungle " it will be great having another new young racer in the mix ! :p

That prop should work really well , talk to Gerry Crowther .

Absolutely what Tom said- the boat will look like a pig when properly trimmed and running alone, its amazing how much it free's up in race water. The 467 is the way to go on prop- how ever a few guys run 465's also. Looking forward to seeing you guys again at the next race.

Andy

Hey Guys,

Albert.
Hey Albert,,, You have access to all the best set up info, for that boat, right there in you racing partner,,, Brett & Brandon!!!

Brandons boat was built & set up by the best person, Jerrywho makes the hull and has just recently set a straightaway record,,, so Brandons set up should be what your looking for....

When all else fails just ask Jerry. B)
No need to call Jerry!!!!

"Brandons boat was built & set up by the best person, Jerrywho makes the hull and has just recently set a straightaway record,"

But I on the other hand, need setup/prop info for one of Jerry's Thunder Boats,,, and he's "sick as a dog" what did you guys do to him up there in

E-City????

Latest posts

Back