Be on the lookout in S. Indiana

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lock Brad posted is good. A padlock through the coupler latch will only slow a thief down for maybe 30 seconds. A ratchet wrench & socket can unbolt the coupler from the bottom, drop it on the ball & bolt it back up. The BEST way i ever saw was a neighbor of mine raced go karts, & didn't have room in the garage for the trailer. We lived out in the sticks, & his house was not visible from the road, nobody close enough to hear an alarm. He would jack up the trailer, remove the tires & set it down on blocks. Took him maybe 10 minutes total with an electric impact, off & back on when ready. Seemed extreme to me at the time, but a few minutes work is well worth the security, IMHO.
This is best way to slow them down/stop them remove tire/tires. Another home made alarm setup is to use 12volt cheap'o alarm with a car hood

[SIZE=medium]mercury switch. Can be hung anywhere in side trailer, set go off with any change in angle of trailer. only to be turned off by opening door for switch off. I am sorry the trailer and all your stuff got taken, I do hope it gets returned .[/SIZE]

Back