Battery pack

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Just wanting to replace the 4 AA batteries in the boat that control the servos and what not, they are 1.5 V each if I was to get a 6 V recharable battery pack would this be fine?

I know it may seem obvious since the ratings add up, but im just not %100 sure it the right way to do it.

Thanks

Just wanting to replace the 4 AA batteries in the boat that control the servos and what not, they are 1.5 V each if I was to get a 6 V recharable battery pack would this be fine?

I know it may seem obvious since the ratings add up, but im just not %100 sure it the right way to do it.

Thanks

Yep!,

That would be want you want. 6V is also the requirement for most Hi performance servos for max torque performance.

Just make sure the pack you get fits properly in you radio box. The connection might need to be changed for the rechargeable battery( or a new on/off switch).

Steve

Thanks
Yes, if you switch to a Nicad or Nimh you need a 5 cell pack for 6 volts as the cell output is 1.2v each. B)

Thanks
And boy will you notice the difference betwen the 4 dry cells and the 5 nicads or Nimh @ 6 volts over 4.8......

He will notice no difference because there is no difference. Alk. cells are 1.5v x 4 = 6v

He would notice it if he put in 4 recharge batteries in his spring caddy and that would be for the worse.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
As everyone has stated , you can swap the dry cells for rechargeables , the thing you will now notice is the rechargeables will have a capacity , i run a 1200 MaH 5 cell NIMH pack in all my boats and it lasts for ages even in my mono that uses two power chewing servos, depending on what servos you are using will depend how long the pack lasts ,and you will need to get yourself a decent 12V (so it can used at the pond) battery charger , i would suggest you do not even bother with the 12hour type plug into the wall type charger,the charger i use tells me exactly what was left in the battery (on discharge) and exactly what it put into the battery when it charged

hope it helps

Andrew

Rogue,

Those holders for the 4 AA batteries should be discarded ASAP. I have seen it several times where a cell falls out or the holder splits, resulting in no radio and a damaged boat. Putting rechargeable cells in them isn't a great idea as others have mentioned.

Pre-assembled, 5 cell NiCd packs are money well spent in my opinion. If you look after them, they are a good investment. Discharging them at the end of each day's use keeps them in good condition.

Oh yeah - if you go the NiMH route, don't charge them in the boat with the lid on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah - if you go the NiMH route, don't charge them in the boat with the lid on.

MMMM yes and especially dont charge a charged NiMH ...... lots of heat then BOOM( no i didnt do it !!! )

Hehehe, im sure ill remember that one ;)

Thanks heaps for the help guys im on my way out to get one tomorrow :D

Cyas

Back