Batavia Results?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know all of the results, but I can tell you the Campbell Vintage Shovelnose took the top 2 spots in its class.

Here is the report I got from Doug C.

Weekend in Batavia went real good. Vintage shovels placed first and second in their version of LSH - P Spec Sport Hydro. In the EMYC club racers Mark Anderson - first, Dave Arndt, new guy just began racing last month, second.

I set up a vintage for P sport as a experiment and it ran really well- on rails noticably fast-no air uneasiness whatsoever. Pachmayer saw the run and complimented it -setup was B508XL and 437 3 blade. probably could handle 440 3 blade without trouble.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Peter

That first and second place showing was just a fluke :)

That was a real disapointing class for me, i had 2 first places finishes and in the 3rd heat i hit a bouy on my 3rd lap and flipped the boat. I ended up taking the 3rd place trophy.

That one made me real mad considering i had the fastest time of 1:02 for 4 laps. Oh, by the way, that was in a Taifun.

I do have one of Dougs shovels now. Cant wait to get it built for next year.

All in all it was a fun weekend

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
lonlymac said:
Peter
That first and second place showing was just a fluke :)

Larry
Now Larry, with all due respect to your two heat wins, hitting a buoy is not a "fluke", it's a mistake.

We've all been there, done that and I have to remind you that your consecutive class wins in P mono at our race is prime example of you being on the other end.

It's part of racing.

Welcome to club. LOL

The best race I saw was Ed Hughey and Dan Proulx dukin' it out in what I think was an O Hydro heat.

I can't recall if there was a lead change but it was mostly Ed with a little more speed on Dan's tail for the entire race. Dan fending him off by either slightly negotiating every turn a little better or because Ed just couldn't find the lane he needed to pass.

Absolutely legendary stuff all the way to the sincere and friendly inter-generational handshake at the end of the heat.

Doug

I know, i wasnt trying to take anything from those guys by all means, just a very frustrating class for me ;)

You guys are never going to let this P-mono stuff go :D

Larry

lonlymac said:
Doug
You guys are never going to let this P-mono stuff go :D

Larry
Peterson won't. He's a P Mono animal.

Me? The class was a "fluke" for me. In 3 rounds, I never crossed the start line.

Heat 1. Forgot to tighten a connector.

Heat 2. Taped up an N1 mono for the P mono race.

Heat 3. The hex flex connector I finally remembered to tighten failed.

It was not a fun weekend for me and much of that was my fault.

Aside from the success of our race, I'm pretty much writing off this season. Too many outside distractions.

Doug thanks for the use of your PA system and CD player. It was a nice feature in having music as well as having the countdown clock.

Sounds like you need a vacation. I will be there with you if it involves sitting on the beach and drinkin a tall glass of something. :lol: Although last time at the beach I was available shark food.

Jeff

Back