Bad day at Taku Lake parking lot

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dufek

Its a beautiful day for boating! First night our club was going to run this season and what happens??.....

As I unload my boats as I have done dozens of time before, the SUV parked in the space next to me started to pull out of their space and the drunk guy behind the wheel nearly ran me over, I had to jump out of the way. Unfortunatley my boats setting on the ground right behind my van couldnt save themselves and the SOB ran them over. Two boats in their prime, gone because some loser with multiple DUI's on his record is still out driving around and my poor JAE.45G and JAE .21G wont get to feel the water under their keels again. It would have been better if another boat had taken them out, that might haveactually felt good. This guy just mowed down my babies without a second thought.

Thankful no person was hurt and to the good samaratins/witneses who tried to help. One of them jump into the drivers window, put the SUV in park and yanked the keys and tossed them to me, but magically the guy still drove off before Officer Justin R. Blake of our Anchorage Police Department was able to respond. Hot on the case it is being treated as a felony hit and run.

R.I.P. JAE .45G & JAE .21G Services to held at a later date.

Bonfire cremation with smores and beer to follow.

019.jpg

John

I have a jae 12 sitting on the shelf its yours for the asking i ran it for a couple of summers and has been sitting it will need a strut and rudder, motor and pipe

just cover the shipping

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
John

I have a jae 12 sitting on the shelf its yours for the asking i ran it for a couple of summers and has been sitting it will need a strut and rudder, motor and pipe

just cover the shipping

mike
Hey Mike, Thank you for the offer, but I still have my JAE .12, its was still in the van. I still went down to the lake after all this and ran my JAE.12. Then came home and strip down the .45 and the.21.After stripping down the .45 I was left with a motor, header, flywheel, collet, third needle, two boom tube holders, turnfin, fuel cell, RX, and a srevo.

After stripping down the .21 I was left with a motor, header,flywheel, collet, four boom tube holders, fuel cell, Rx.

I thought you guy's carried fire arm's up there...maybe a good thing you did not on that day. Sorry to hear about that happening to your new fleet,you did a great job on your builds. Good luck on your finding of the driver that did this to you.

Looks like they know who the driver was, do to a good samaratin who got the plate numbers, and they are bringing over a photo line up later today.

Officer Justin from your fine Anchorage Police Dept, ask me if I wanted to press charges, ( uh lets see) YES, YES and YES.

John,

Sorry to hear of this. Focus on running the boats you have left and make plans to rebuild the ones you lost. The individual responsible isn't worth your time and effort. Press charges and let the system handle it.

BTW parts are enroute to you.

Thank you for sending the parts Scott.

I was able to pick him out of a line up, he looked drunk then too.

Latest posts

Back