Aquacraft UL-1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotwater thanks for even more useful info! The MLBOATWORKS Hydros look MIGHTY SWEET! Do you have any idea on the pricing? Aquacraft stuff? The most FUN I EVER had racing was RTR with my Miss Vegas! I had more laughs and more pure FUN running that boat than any boat ive ever raced!! GREAT OL BOAT!
default_smile.png
:)! I cannot ever remember that boat ever seriously breaking down.....it just went round-n-round the bouys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, I am pretty sure his website is still down due to upgrades but you are most welcome to shoot Mike (MLBoatworks) an email;

[email protected]

I am currently building the ML Sport 40 hydro for FE power (Q)...The fit and quality of his kits is unbelievable! You will not be dissapointed!

-Kent

Hotwater thanks for even more useful info! The MLBOATWORKS Hydros look MIGHTY SWEET! Do you have any idea on the pricing? Aquacraft stuff? The most FUN I EVER had racing was RTR with my Miss Vegas! I had more laughs and more pure FUN running that boat than any boat ive ever raced!! GREAT OL BOAT!
default_smile.png
:)! I cannot ever remember that boat ever seriously breaking down.....it just went round-n-round the bouys!
Bill the MLB hydro is awesome. Built one as a P-limited (UL-1 ESC and motor) for my wife to run, super easy to build and a blast to drive.
default_cool.png

Kent, thanks so much for the Email addy, and the help! :)Don, JEESH! WHATTA NICE LOOKIN RACEBOAT! GREAT job! So the UL-1esc/ motor would be a good choice for getting started? Im just beginning to understand the terminology for electric planes-n-helis for motor/esc/battery choices.....now I gotta figure this stuff out for FE boats!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
I take it Mrs Ferrette happens to like kitty cats!!
default_laugh.png

Yes...you got it Bill! The UL-1 esc/motor combo is perfect! Also either 2 - 2S 5000 35C lipos wired in series or 1- 4S 5000 35C lipo is perfect! Just get rid of the deans connectors (and the pigtail jumper wire) and add 5.5 bullet connectors to the esc battery wires and lipos. Also, the UL-1 motor esc combo is legal in IMPBA and I beleive NAMBA for P - limited racing!!!

If you are going to build one of these make sure you get on Dick Tyndall ' s turn fin list right away: [email protected] ... Finest turn fins you will ever find! -

Don builds some of the finest boats I have ever seen Bill. His 1/8 scalers are just beautiful and ALL of his boats are ballistic in speed and handling...

Kent, thanks so much for the Email addy, and the help! :)Don, JEESH! WHATTA NICE LOOKIN RACEBOAT! GREAT job! So the UL-1esc/ motor would be a good choice for getting started? Im just beginning to understand the terminology for electric planes-n-helis for motor/esc/battery choices.....now I gotta figure this stuff out for FE boats!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
I take it Mrs Ferrette happens to like kitty cats!!
default_laugh.png
Thanks Bill, the boat turned out real nice. Went from the set up table to the pond, just a couple click of rudder trim and the boat was spot on. I kept it a secret until it was done which with how fast the MLB kits go together wasn't very long at all. Actually we both like cats and adopt rescues (currently have two now) and Shelly is always watching cats on Petfinders.com hence the theme of her boat.
default_smile.png

I'm new. I just got this ul1 to play with also. I hope to race it after the weather get nicer. we have a group here in d1 that races I here. Since I'm new to boating this forme has help I have most of the upgrades already. but the air dam. Should I add a bit of weight to the hull too. I have the air dam on order.

Latest posts

Back