aqua servo help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

does anyone know how to get the bottom out of the stock aqa servo. I want to take them apart and fill then with epoxy or silicone . i tryed pulling on it but it didn't want to come out ,i stopped because i didn't want to break it.any help would be great

thanks

Byron,

there should only be 4 screws holding the bottom plate of the servos giving access to the board.

my question is...why do you want to fill them with epoxy or silicone?

I gave you a much better alternative.

I guess in the end it really is up to you on what you want to do with the servos.

Dan.

Byron,there should only be 4 screws holding the bottom plate of the servos giving access to the board.

my question is...why do you want to fill them with epoxy or silicone?

I gave you a much better alternative.

I guess in the end it really is up to you on what you want to do with the servos.

Dan.
I just thought that epoxy would be a permanent solution

does anyone know how to get the bottom out of the stock aqa servo. I want to take them apart and fill then with epoxy or silicone . i tryed pulling on it but it didn't want to come out ,i stopped because i didn't want to break it.any help would be great

thanks
You might want to try the new TRAXX waterproof servo and save some effort

Stick with the Futaba servos, if you are afraid of water getting in them, i dip them in plastic dip works great.

Futaba also has room to put an o-ring around the output shaft and pushed down into the case.

If you find the right spacer tube for under your control arm to keep it from floating up and out, it seals up good without any serious drag using silicone grease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't AQ radios built by futaba?? I guess I am trying to say that I think this stuff is made by Futaba...so the comments about sticking with Futaba, or that there is space for an O-ring in Futaba servos might all be relavent to the AQ servos.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sean they are made by Futaba reason i sid stick with Futaba was someone told him to buy Traxx which in a boat is unproven, better to stick with a good servo.

a few guys in our club use the traxs waterproof servo with no problems .they like them and there cheap on ebay !

I probably sound like a broken record, but if your getting water in the servos then FIX your radio box! There is NO reason to have to seal a perfectly good servo if the radio box is doing its job...... the other problem that you can encounter when you "seal" servos,recievers, etc is condensation forming in the "sealed" component due to temperature/ humidty changes, which is also why at the end of the day of running your boat the first thing you should do is take the lid off the box.....

Back