anyone running the aquacraft sv-27???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

anyone out there besides my buddy and marc running the aquacraft sv-27 with the .18 in it??????? any good proven prop numbers out there?????? or header lengths??? pipes???? timing numbers????? marc actually did some very nice upgrades on his sv-27,,,,,maybe he will post some pics of his for others with the sv-27,,,,,he took care of several weak links in these boats....so basicaly marc and i would like some info on mods or props.....thanks all.....

alden

Yup, got one.

I haven't done much with it and really didn't plan to. I added the Offshore Electrics adjustable trim tabs, a Hughey flex cable with an Octura drive dog and pulled the strut off and cut the shaft so that I could adjust the strut. JD told me ot add 6 oz. of lead in the rear to help hold it on the water so that was just done so it hasn't seen the water yet with that addition.

The Grimmie 40x52/3 is on it now, I've had bigger props on it but the handling went out the window with them on, the lead might help out there.

If I go up to Grand Rapids tomorrow I'm going to see if Walt has one of Andy's billet props to try on it.

I still might round off the bottom of the rudder to see if that does anything on it.

Yup, got one.I haven't done much with it and really didn't plan to. I added the Offshore Electrics adjustable trim tabs, a Hughey flex cable with an Octura drive dog and pulled the strut off and cut the shaft so that I could adjust the strut. JD told me ot add 6 oz. of lead in the rear to help hold it on the water so that was just done so it hasn't seen the water yet with that addition.

The Grimmie 40x52/3 is on it now, I've had bigger props on it but the handling went out the window with them on, the lead might help out there.

If I go up to Grand Rapids tomorrow I'm going to see if Walt has one of Andy's billet props to try on it.

I still might round off the bottom of the rudder to see if that does anything on it.

Ron, keep us posted on prop trials, and the added wieght. Thanks for the reply.

Alden

I have one. stock motor with and macs 3.5 pipe cut to 8 1/2 inches and an x440 two blade. opened up the vents on the cowl and drilled some holes in in the back of the cowl to let the air out and put one of the brushless rudders on it had to open up the water pick up hole on it but i got 2 mph more buy having the water pick up in the rudder and it dose not lose the water pick up now in a right turn like the stock set up made my own trim tabs. change the drive cable to a 3//16 cable after i broke 2 .150 cables. :( had to machine the flywheel so the Aeromarine collet would fit. runs in the mid 40s pretty constantly. :D

I've run mine for about a year now.

New powerplant

DSCF0614.jpg

A little modification to the transom to empty the hull of water under way

DSCF0613.jpg

Any good ideas for props?

As I said above, the Grimmie 40x52/3 works well on mine but the boat will take more. It also has 6 oz. of lead in the transom.

Here's mine from 2 weeks ago with my son driving just a little crazy for conditions. Note the barrel rolls.

iceman thanks for the post,,,, that go engine dropped right in there huh??????? ron,,, that video was great,,,the barrel rolls made me laugh so hard,, :lol: funny,,,,,"can you do it agian" that made me laugh the hardest..... well we finally brought the sv out yesterday,,,, tuned it to run on this 30% tower power fuel that he bought..... i put the boat back to bone stock.... it made consistant passes of 30 mph with a good tune..... just for ha ha's,,, i slapped a octura 437/3 aluminum prop on it..... consistantly made passes of 35 mph on the radar gun.... 5mph out of the prop,,, i was amazed...... now i have a grim 40/53/2 that im gonna try hopefully today... i will keep you guys posted on that.....also have a andy brown pipe to try,,,,so i will let you know about that too.... but 35 mph is a fast for this little thing....... geez......i see 40's and i might have to buy one :lol:

alden

Yeah, it dropped right in, the only change in the stock setup was the front mount by the pull start broke, so I purchased a female/male vib.isolator and countersunk the engine mount for a M4 screw. Also added a .15-.18 brass flywheel(much better idle at low speeds) ;)

iceman,,,,, could you go into a little more detail about your hull drain?????????? i see the hose coming out of the transom,,,, but how do you get it up over the transom like that???? do you have a pump to pump the water out of the hull??????? also do you have any mph number's with that go engine in there????????

alden

iceman,,,,, could you go into a little more detail about your hull drain?????????? i see the hose coming out of the transom,,,, but how do you get it up over the transom like that???? do you have a pump to pump the water out of the hull??????? also do you have any mph number's with that go engine in there????????

alden
Looks to me like the drain works with a hydraulic vacuum. I'm intersted to hear some top end numbers.

Travis

The inside looks like this I used 3/16 brass tubing. (sorry picture isn't the greatest) and yes Travis, you are correct works on the Bernoulli Principle.

DSCF0615-1.jpg

Using a radar(DNR in no wake Zone) I am running right around 35. Need to pick up additional props, and finish dialing in the engine, probably over the Holiday weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
The inside looks like this I used 3/16 brass tubing. (sorry picture isn't the greatest) and yes Travis, you are correct works on the Bernoulli Principle.
DSCF0615-1.jpg

Using a radar(DNR in no wake Zone) I am running right around 35. Need to pick up additional props, and finish dialing in the engine, probably over the Holiday weekend.

o.k,,,, i get it,,,,, ive never seen that done before,,,,,, i always use aeromarine auto bailers......very neat iceman,,,,,, have you tried the octura 437/3 ???? made 5mph for us......

I run mine stock and with the Grimracer 40X53 have seen 38MPH on occasion (good air) Typically its in the 35 to 36MPH range. I also like the 40X52/3 but like to buzz my motors a little harder then that.

The first production run of the boat had bad plastic for the radio box but that since has been fixed. My radio box is now over a year old and still going strong.

Past that point I like the challenge of working with what comes with the boat and see how fast I can go.

Also.. I have yet to break a cable.. Maybe I’m maintaining mine differently. Dunno?

GO SV

Grim

i agree grim,,,,, we have not broken any shafts either.... i make him grease it after every run..... been fine..... the 40/53 makes the boat smoother,,,, lots less porpoising.... i have yet to radar that prop as the conditions were crap....will be in the near future though....i think i will be buying one this weekend,,,,we'll see,.... i like these boats.....

alden

by the way grim,,,,,,,, tell me more about this bad plastic????????? are the new ones phisically different??????? also i saw two hulls come through cracked at the stuffing tube exit,,,,,,is this common??????????

well it was sooner than i thought,,, :lol: had some over cast roll in made the lake like glass.... 40/53 made consistant passes of 38mph... on the 30% tower power....... although the hull is looking like she needs some weight.... its smooth till about 36mph,,, then starts to porpoise lightly,,,,but eventually leads to disaster.... :lol: just those couple mph's make it unstable.... im gonna try a small amount of weight in her and see what happens.... more to come,,,still need to throw this pipe at it.........

alden

The electric Super V 27 is easily the most popular electric racing class in NAMBA District 8. It was also one of the biggest classes at the NAMBA Electric Nationals. With lithium polymer batteries and a specified prop, the class provides very level racing for both beginners and experts. My grandson can race Nationals high points winner Brian Buaas and learn how the good racers get around the course faster with the same boat as his.

Lohring Miller

well it was sooner than i thought,,, :lol: had some over cast roll in made the lake like glass.... 40/53 made consistant passes of 38mph... on the 30% tower power....... although the hull is looking like she needs some weight.... its smooth till about 36mph,,, then starts to porpoise lightly,,,,but eventually leads to disaster.... :lol: just those couple mph's make it unstable.... im gonna try a small amount of weight in her and see what happens.... more to come,,,still need to throw this pipe at it.........
alden
I stuck 6 oz. of strip lead under the radio box in my SV Nitro. It helps stabalize the hull. Also, with a little "file work" the prop strut bracket mounting holes can be opened allowing the prop thrust to be adjusted downward slightly.

JD

alden
I stuck 6 oz. of strip lead under the radio box in my SV Nitro. It helps stabalize the hull. Also, with a little "file work" the prop strut bracket mounting holes can be opened allowing the prop thrust to be adjusted downward slightly.

JD

jerry,,,i always love to listen to what you have to say.....you are asset to us all.....thanks for the post,,, did you stick the weight to the bottom of the radio box??? or on the hull????

alden

Back