Anyone going to Toledo this year?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to remi of areomarine and they were not going to the show due to cost and no return revenue from lookers to finance a booth and be profitable

Dick Stahl Dayton rc club

It's too bad that Remy, Troy and the others pulled out of the show. Yes, a booth isn't cheap and I wonder how anyone makes any money there. Not everyone buys at the show but do later on. I've heard that it costs around $3,000.00 for the 4 days that they at at the show. They are open on Thursday for dealers and manufacturers only.

His last year there, the Booth Babe drew a huge crowd, you couldn't hardly get near the booth! With the cramped booth that thye had, there wasn't a lot of room for them to have a lot of items in stock.

Aeromarine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow, I think I need to change marketing strategy. Nothing against you Grim, but com'n.....unfair advantage.

Wonder how I can turn that in as an expense:)

Rw

It's too bad that Remy, Troy and the others pulled out of the show. Yes, a booth isn't cheap and I wonder how anyone makes any money there. Not everyone buys at the show but do later on. I've heard that it costs around $3,000.00 for the 4 days that they at at the show. They are open on Thursday for dealers and manufacturers only.His last year there, the Booth Babe drew a huge crowd, you couldn't hardly get near the booth! With the cramped booth that they had, there wasn't a lot of room for them to have a lot of items in stock.

It's too bad that Remy, Troy and the others pulled out of the show. Yes, a booth isn't cheap and I wonder how anyone makes any money there. Not everyone buys at the show but do later on. I've heard that it costs around $3,000.00 for the 4 days that they at at the show. They are open on Thursday for dealers and manufacturers only.His last year there, the Booth Babe drew a huge crowd, you couldn't hardly get near the booth! With the cramped booth that thye had, there wasn't a lot of room for them to have a lot of items in stock.
Oh yeah, I remember that girl (schawing!), what was Remy selling again? :blink:

Seriously, I agree that there were many indirect sales resulting from his (ok, their) presence at the show.

Ron, Denny will be with me I'm sure. We went to the new Packo's Cafe lat year after the show, so they should still be open. I think their website just needs updating...

Russ, you could always have Mike bring Sheila along!

We found out later that the girl that Remy had was a model right from Toledo.

I didn't know that the new store was open otherwise I could have saved a trip across the bridge.

The one that you're talking about has been there for years! She keeps wearing the same outfit, the Sailor Girl hot pants. She's getting kind of old to be wearing that.

I just dug up this shot of her:

Db84384.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another pic of her from the 04 show.

Prefer the high heels thought over the boots. :rolleyes:

This year will have a 20 whip on display.

Just need to paint her up now that the weather is getting warmer.

Fellas,

I will not be making the Toledo show this year,I just started a new job with Air Wisconsin

here in Traverse City,Michigan. Anyone who needs something just shoot me an email and/or PM

And I will just ship your order to you direct.

Thanks For The Business,

Mark Sholund

Email is: [email protected]

Aw rats Mark! I still want that prop so shoot me a PM with the price shipped to me.

I was hoping that you were going to be there and was going to hit you up to see if you were going to sell any glow plugs or other stuff.

You will be missed there as last year your table got to be the place for the boaters to hang out.

Congrat's on the new job. Maybe it will give you more time to get caught up on the prop work.

I'll be there, plus I will be displaying a boat this year also. Check it out if you are able to attend.

Josh-

Josh, I'll look for your boat. I plan on taking lots of pictures this year as I'm going to be armed with at least 2 digital cameras.

I found out this morning that at the Jet Hangar Hobbies booth will have a turbine powered Miss Bud sitting there. What shots that I take should be somewhere online but late Saturday night. Most likely I'll link to the shots in my Photobucket account then transfer them to other sites later.

Looks like we are ready to go.. I will be at the show sometime around 3 on friday and then all weekend. I will be showing my U-40 Miss Bardahl and working the Aquacraft Booth.

Hope to see all of you at the show.. Wish me luck with the Green Dragon.

Grimracer

So how did everyone do in the Toledo show? There were a few very nice scales entered plus a colorful cracker box?

So how did everyone do in the Toledo show? There were a few very nice scales entered plus a colorful cracker box
Josh got 1st place with his hydro and of course, Jack Kipfer took first in scale pleasure boat and 2nd in the Best Finish class. The peddle powered raft got second and the Miller boat took 3rd.

I heard that you were around but didn't see you Mark. I did see Josh, Randall Thomas and his daughter, Denny and Greg Sheckler, Grimmie of course working the Aquacraft booth, Mike Nowicki and a lot of others that my brain is still too fried to remember.

I did pretty well at the show. Mike notified me that he had something for me at the Aquacraft booth. I was thinkning that maybe I was getting a T-shirt or something. Nope, something much better! I came home with an Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro! They're not even shipping out until Tuesday but I got one early and on top of that, FREE!

I was there Friday. Cogratulations to all the winners. I seen Josh and his boat. He did an outstanding job on that boat. The Bardahl and Miller also looked awseome. This was my first time attending the show and was amazed at all the people and vendors. I wasn't expecting it to be so big. Again congratulations to all the entries and a job well done.

I did take 1st place in Competition Boat this year. I really didn't think I had a chance as there were some really nice boats entered. Mikes Bardhal was awesome and has some really nice detail! The cracker box with the lace paint work was pretty cool also. I posted a couple pictures of my 69 Pay N Pak and my other favorites in my gallery. Check it out.

Josh-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=833&pos=0

Aw Josh, don't be so modest! :lol: I was hanging around the tables for what seemed like an hour and your boat was the talk of the competition boats. I might be biased but I think that Grimmie's Bardahl should have gotten at least 3rd place but the competition is getting tougher every year for boats. A few years ago just about anything could have gotten a trophy but now it is puting a lot of the planes to shame and that's no easy task to pull off!

The plane entiries were way down this year as there was a lot of open space. The car guys only had 3 or 4 entries and the entries there have always been down.

I agree Ron, in my opinion Mikes, Bardahl should have placed. I was really surprised when they called my name for 1st place and not his! There were quite a few boats entered this year. Some really nice stuff too! I think the plane entries where down this year also. And the car stuff was almost non existent. Now if the weather warms up a little and the wind dies down the Pay N Pak will get wet this weekend for it's madien voyage.

Josh-

Back