aluminum cowl holds with nylon thumb screws for cobra tunnels or any tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

Im testing the waters here... any interest in aluminum cowl holds for the cobra tunnel,,or any tunnel for that matter??? would come as a kit,, 2 aluminum cowl holds,,2 nylon thumb screws,, and two rubber washers... i know the rubber with the brass inserts work,, but i never had any luck with that style... the idea hear is ease of use... the aluminum inserts fit in the hole drilled for the 6/32 rubber inserts,(if thats the method you chose) .... they are glued into the side of the transom and the thumb screws are so nice on the fingers,,and no need to reach for screw drivers....i have to make a couple sets for some friends,,so testing the waters here to see if anyone is interested... id like to make a list of people and then make one run,,instead of back and forth to the lathe...... i will take pictures of my set tonight and post them here.......

they will fit any tunnel,,thats if you drill the hole in the transom side...... way less cowl seperations on blow offs,,sturdy set up....

again...kit would be;;;

2 aluminum cowl holds (spun from 6061 or 6065)

2 nylon thumb screws

2 rubber washers

price would be $28.50 per kit shipped to the lower 48 (no paypal fees...)

$31.50 per kit shipped to australia (no fees)

let me know if there is any interest on these... figure ill give it a week or two before i start spinning them......

thanks,,Alden

tunnel cowl holds.jpg

tunnel cowl holds 1.jpg

tunnel cowl holds 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ya,,,sorry about that...wasnt able to get pics last night..ill have them up today...

hmmmm oilers....tim,,,did those oilers ever show them selves??

ac

Not yet Alden, but I'm sure they'll arrive any day now. I just got back from a race in Greg's state and could have passed them on to one of his club buddies if they'd arrived before hand - thats usually how stuff seems to work out!

I too would like to see a pic of the cowl holds you are talking about, please.

no problem tim,,,, keep me posted for sure.... ill get pics up here in an hour or so,,,just got back from work,,and when i got home i grabbed the ul1 to get some setup time in on it....but im home again so ill get on it,,, ;)

lol...good eye greg...tim should recognize that engine...

so no prob man..ill spin a set for ya..

lol.... you devil you...lol... so you want 6 sets then..lol...

how are things goin over there dad??? hope all is well with baby and fam.

real good man!! loving it. i could probably use an oiler bit if you have one laying around and take IOU's

rodney like i said in the chat buddy,,,, shoot for 2-2.5cc in volume... the sizing will be appropriate for a full tank of fuel or more...... for sure enough for heat racing.......

greg,,, i should have them done this week and ready to ship by the weekend...

my paypal addy is...

[email protected]

no need to pay till they are done,,, but thats up to you...i will post on this thread when they are ready to rock...

alden

K guy's,,, ill be ready to ship the cowl hold sets this week wed. or thurs.. robert pm me your addy again please... greg,,, paypal is above and please pm me your addy also...

Alden

Back