'85 OS 21 SE-M in a JAE .21?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Brumfield

I have an old 1985 OS 21 SE-M with header and pipe that has never been used, So today I ordered a Zippkits JAE .21 Rigger kit.. I want to 'start small' with my 1st build, and eventually move up to an 1/8th scale hydro build, or gas scale.

My question is, can I physically install the side exhaust .21 in the boat, I was looking at some pictures and it doesn't look good.. I know the old engine will be down on power compared to newer engines, but I figure it will be good to get to know the boat with.. and mostly I just hate to let it go to waste.. supposed to be 1.5hp at 29,500.. about 1hp less and quite a bit lower in rpm than the 450.00 engines of today.. but enough to get started with IF it will work.. I wont be racing right away, just running with some buddies at a pond here locally, maybe a visit to the local club pond later in the summer..

This is not a priority project, I have a whiplash GV to put together, the hull should be here monday, everything else is here, and Im upgrading an MVD a bit but thats almost finished.. once those two are done though, I'd like to have everything I need to build this, and would appreciate a link to any build journals that are on the web, I looked but didnt see any that popped out at me.. just want to do it right. I do have some woodworking experience, so it shouldnt be too horrible.. lol..

If I were to use west systems epoxy to build it, what type would I want? There is a West Marine here in town and if Im not mistaken I think I saw the whole product line on the shelves there.. seems a natural selection.. some weights, some clamps, a flat surface, basic woodworking tools, what else? I got the strut and the engine mounts with the kit, will get the rest of the hardware that I cant source locally or don't have lying around from other projects.. I have electronics that will work for it just fine..

Looking forward to getting this built.. in part because it means I finished my other stuff, but also the riggers just look so ballistic fast.. the '2 wheel mod buggy' class for boats lol..

Awesome, it just looked like there wouldn't be room for the manifold. Any suggestions on finding a cowl? I did a bunch of searching last night and came up empty handed, didnt even see one on zippkits site.. otherwise I suppose I can fashion something out of wood or fiberglass

Awesome, it just looked like there wouldn't be room for the manifold. Any suggestions on finding a cowl? I did a bunch of searching last night and came up empty handed, didnt even see one on zippkits site.. otherwise I suppose I can fashion something out of wood or fiberglass
Or run with no cowl. I don't and I know many others that don't as well.

Latest posts

Back