83 Miss Rock KISW 8255 paintwork

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I told you I would post some pics Buddy, so here they are. I will get back in the garage later today to finish the cowling, but will be at the hospital all morning. Bad accident happened yesterday and I am on shift duty this morning. Just wanted to share these with you. There is nothing like Dupont 99 black. The pictures don't do it justice! Its like looking into a black mirror! Enjoy, Mike

PS, Dick Loeb, if you talk to buddy, tell him the pictures are in here. I don't have the time this morning to give him a PM. Thanks!

IMGP3188.jpg

IMGP3189.jpg

IMGP3191.jpg

IMGP3192.jpg

looks awsome thats a woodie with a smile again awsome cant wait to rig it and race it first race is winternats :D

Cool bro. If I don't get the cowling finished in the next day or two at least I can just mail it to you. Depends on how much time I am up at the hospital, so we will see. It is one awesome looking paint scheme!

WOW Mike!!!!! That scale is beautiful!!!! I am sure Buddy is going to be proud to race it at the Winternats. Maybe you should hire employees and take ML Boatworks International!!!!!..... ;)

Thanks guys. This is probably now my favorite paint scheme. The black is just incredible in person!

Rick, All decal sets, and the ONLY decal sets I will use, are Mike Mcknight's. Once you get to know him, and realize the quality and completeness to his sets you will never consider anything else!

Mike

Thanks guys. This is probably now my favorite paint scheme. The black is just incredible in person!

Rick, All decal sets, and the ONLY decal sets I will use, are Mike Mcknight's. Once you get to know him, and realize the quality and completeness to his sets you will never consider anything else!

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike,,

Is this hull gonna be nitro, or electric?

This one will be Nitro. Buddy has a lot of holes to cut and work to do that's for sure!

Sweet! That boat looks awesome Mike. Black looks great on a hydro, good thing it's wood and not an epoxy glass hull. :)

Awesome boat,I hope the break in the bottom does not make her fly too much. Bring that baby to Huntsville Buddy

mike, BEAUTIFUL work!!! buddy will be proud of that boat, for sure B) . dupont 99/pitch black is awesome, painted a celica for the wife with it years ago, was like looking into a black pool of water. it's one of the only PURE black paints i have ever seen.

SayMikey,

That hull was actually built off the first framing kit I ever did. I have since completely changed the kit (sponsons, break point, pan, tunnel width, etc). because it was a flighty design on the newton plans. I went ahead and removed the air traps on this hull, and told Buddy to add a diffuser in the front to help reduce those issues. Wish he had gotten his hull built with the new style kits that I now have! He will get it right tho. Mike

Awesome boat! I just got a frame kit on west coast for same hull in 1/7th scale...will be first boat I've ever built......anybody know where a guy can find any pics of this hull or similar at all stages if build?

great phil! those pictures help a ton! couple questions for ya.. i'm building 1/7th scale electric..... will one of your cowlings work for my hull? also you know the front of the hull in front of the cowl? pic 24.. how did you make round leading edge? just a round mold piece glued on or did your round it? also.. those leading edge pieces that get glued together how do they bond to the inside of the sponson? just fillet them with epoxy? it seems like thats kind of a weak point? thanks!

Back