70 mph 21 Hydro discussions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian MAhoney

Was following Preston's post and must say I found it interesting. Some usefull but distracting stuff in the other posts as well, many of which have been edited out.

I think a seperate topic ,such as this one, for any discussions around the original post would be a good idea.

A 68+ mph SG thread would also be of interesting if any of you fast people are currently building and setting one up.

When Preston is done I think a cleaned version of the origional thread would be a really usefull resource to have available.

Brian

Agreed. I wish you could have posted this sooner, or one of us thought more before we de-railed Preston's thread. Sorry about that P man. :(

Don Ferrette said:
Agreed. I wish you could have posted this sooner, or one of us thought more before we de-railed Preston's thread. Sorry about that P man.  :(
86472[/snapback]

Don

I've always been a bit slow. Also like to thnik for while before I post, still manage to make a fooll of myself but could be a lot worse.

Anyway lets get this thread ontrack. Can anyone list the 21 pipes known to be good for this application? I assume that there will be a new cmd pipe to add to the list shortly.

Also are these quite pipes, I would need to get close to 80 Db for them to be of use to me and others in eurpoe will be in the same boat.

Brian

Brian,

My Ninja Sprint Runs 72mph on a CMB TT muff pipe.. its run 72 on a OPS3280 also.

I like the TT pipe better for pure power out of the corners.. Fuel use is also less.

Grimracer

Hey guys, how about a picture of an OPS3280 or the Irwin "S" pipe. I have never seen one of these pipes and wouldn't know one if I did.

Also edited all my stuff out of Prestons thread. I can see where one would get carried away on a thread like that. exciting stuff and cabin fever sets in. I hope he continues the thread. Sorry Preston :unsure:

tracerbob said:
Hey guys, how about a picture of an OPS3280 or the Irwin "S" pipe.  I have never seen one of these pipes and wouldn't know one if I did.
86486[/snapback]

OPS 3280 is on top, Irwin S is on bottom, both will have a "muffling cone" added later-

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3280 is a loud pipe, that's why I switched to the Irwin muffled pipes. The CMB TT pipe is really quiet, you might not be able to hear your boat over the other ones. It's not bad for the price either!

tracerbob said:
Hey guys, how about a picture of an OPS3280 or the Irwin "S" pipe.  I have never seen one of these pipes and wouldn't know one if I did.
Also edited all my stuff out of Prestons thread.  I can see where one would get carried away on a thread like that.  exciting stuff and cabin fever sets in.  I hope he continues the thread.  Sorry Preston  :unsure:

86486[/snapback]

I have been using the cmdi short pipe stock. (68mph) I understand the baffle can be drilled to the same dia. as the inside of the stinger. Sorry, but i cant help with the pics. Richard

I am using the CMD 21 nitro pipe with an added muffler. Pipe is set at 7 7/8". Stock Mac 21. EagleSG (I'm building a new SGX). Andy Brown reworked Octura 1445. Cooper 6515 fuel. McCoy #9 glowplug. Boat weighs 4lbs. Fastest speed recorded,in heat race trim, 74mph.

Richard Dahlheimer said:
I have been using the cmdi short pipe stock. (68mph) I understand the baffle can be drilled to the same dia. as the inside of the stinger. Sorry, but i cant help with the pics.  Richard
86490[/snapback]

Richard the CMD short pipe with the stinger drilled is what I use with MAC21/SGX combo. The boat ran 72 early last spring but got "stuck" on 68 pretty much remainder of season. I have made some "changes" & don't expect to be "stuck" anymore. B)

Don Ferrette said:
tracerbob said:
86486[/snapback]

OPS 3280 is on top, Irwin S is on bottom-

86487[/snapback]

Don, we thank you for the pics. How long is the straight section of the Irwin S pipe. Is the stinger stock length on the S pipe in the picture? Richard

Richard Dahlheimer said:
Don, we thank you for the pics. How long is the straight section of the Irwin S pipe. Is the stinger stock length on the S pipe in the picture?    Richard
86494[/snapback]

The flat band is 1". As for the stinger I believe it has been cut some. Preston & KP are more the guys "in the know" on the Irwin S pipes & the original configuration. :)

Don,

I got an email this morning from a friend who tried the S.P.P TD21 pipe on his MAC21 for the first time on the weekend . Radared 70mph first time out on the water. Previous pipe was the CMD short pipe with the stinger drilled. He was pleased with the new pipe to say the least.

I wasn't sure this pipe would work that good on a MAC21 and had been hesitant to suggest it, but it seems I was incorrect B) B)

Tim.

Don, thanks for the pics. It sure helps in identifing pipes when I see some for sale. Any idea what the pipe is in the attached pic? The inlet is .626 i.d, looks to have a flat band of about .875 and the stinger i.d. is about .294 i.d. It's hard to get a good measurement as the stinger has a small dent in it. Right now I'm putting the finishing touhes on a cf roadrunner with a Orlic NR. For now I plan to try a CMDI parabolic short pipe on it. I also have a Irwin? Cooper? pipe to try on it too. It has a flat back end on it with the stinger moved to the edge.

tracerbob said:
Don, thanks for the pics.  It sure helps in identifing pipes when I see some for sale.  Any idea what the pipe is in the attached pic?  The inlet is .626 i.d, looks to have a flat band of about .875 and the stinger i.d. is about .294 i.d. It's hard to get a good measurement as the stinger has a small dent in it.  Right now I'm putting the finishing touhes on a cf roadrunner with a Orlic NR.  For now I plan to try a CMDI parabolic short pipe on it.  I also have a Irwin? Cooper? pipe to try on it too.  It has a flat back end on it with the stinger moved to the edge.
86529[/snapback]

Is it a NR 50040 pipe?

http://www.novarossi.com/eng/default.htm

TimD said:
Don,I got an email this morning from a friend who tried the S.P.P TD21 pipe on his MAC21 for the first time on the weekend . Radared 70mph first time out on the water. Previous pipe was the CMD short pipe with the stinger drilled. He was pleased with the new pipe to say the least.

I wasn't sure this pipe would work that good on a MAC21 and had been hesitant to suggest it, but it seems I was incorrect  B)   B)

Tim.

86519[/snapback]

yes they do work very well with the MAC21 Tim_Duggan newbie :D welcome aboard tim :D Was that on a hydro? just to confirm.

Dave

Terry Keeley said:
tracerbob said:
Don, thanks for the pics.  It sure helps in identifing pipes when I see some for sale.  Any idea what the pipe is in the attached pic?  The inlet is .626 i.d, looks to have a flat band of about .875 and the stinger i.d. is about .294 i.d. It's hard to get a good measurement as the stinger has a small dent in it.  Right now I'm putting the finishing touhes on a cf roadrunner with a Orlic NR.  For now I plan to try a CMDI parabolic short pipe on it.  I also have a Irwin? Cooper? pipe to try on it too.  It has a flat back end on it with the stinger moved to the edge.
86529[/snapback]

Is it a NR 50040 pipe?

http://www.novarossi.com/eng/default.htm

86532[/snapback]

Yep, that's it. Any idea how they perform?

Tim_Duggan said:
Yes Dave  B)   I'm going to have to lift my game a little.
86536[/snapback]

Why didn't you just ask Tom to add your last name to your original i.d.? :unsure:

Never mind I just found the other thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back