45 twin new build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John conrad ring a bell? I belive it was one of walkers put not sure . next time i see him i will aak .
Walkers first was red, at least when it hit shore wide open and flew over the road at the Belle Isle pond. Thats when we/IMPBA started netting the shore. Rons second Twin was the Black Russian.

Thanks John
I was there when Ron's twin flew over the road....pretty crazy how far that thing went.

Those races at Belle Isle were always great...The Mini Gold Cup was one of the biggest one day races in the country if not the biggest. Having Stroh's and Budwiser sponsor the races made for some really good prizes too.

I remember it well Blair. Lots of twins at D2 races back then.

Thanks John
Used 2.4 props from Beardlee's prop service, .....went through the timing course at 80mph+ at Thread Lake with them back then.

Ran 1662's in heat racing.

Boat was real fun to drive....
default_smile.png

John, there were a heck of a lot of twins for sure back then....remember the twin called the Black Russian?
Sure do, it was Ron Walkers second geared twin (Bridge style) Beat it a few times with my 46 twins. I think it was all in the props, of course Ron was running good props as well. Fun times and great memories for sure. You and your Dad were a part of that fabric that has made D2 a pinnacle in model boating history.

Thanks John
Kind words about dad and I John....We sure did have a lot of fun...raced pretty hard too. Thanks John.

My first race was the mini gold cup, as a kid I was really impressed with the John Bridge twin. Saw it run many times

Back